Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default I am looking into Gun Clubs any recomendations

I am a new Gun owner and I am looking to get into a gun club locally. I live in Horsham and work in sellersville. I am open to anything within 15 miles of there. I have heard that alot of these clubs you have to be sponsored to get in. Can anyone advise me?

(Chester County)

Default Re: I am looking into Gun Clubs any recomendations

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    I am a new Gun owner and I am looking to get into a gun club locally. I live in Horsham and work in sellersville. I am open to anything within 15 miles of there. I have heard that alot of these clubs you have to be sponsored to get in. Can anyone advise me?
    At almost 10 pounds, the Mosin-Nagant 91/30 makes a great gun club if you run out of ammo.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Here's good place to start looking. Ranges by County

You may be able to find some places close to home, and if you haven't already seen it, check the Discussions/Places to Spend your Money/Ranges section of the forum. It has a lot of information about many places people are members of, go to often, or have been to and will never go to again.

Welcome to the gun owning community. I hope you find a range or club where you can enjoy shooting.

(Bucks County)

Try Ridge and Valley Gun club in Quakertown/Coopersburg. It's about 12 miles from Perkasie. Just come to the club meetings 3rd Wed of the month and apply. Costs $65 first year with initiation cost and $40 a year after that. Nice place too.

(Bucks County)

There's Bucks County Fish and Game in Doylestown, Langhorne Rod and Gun Club in Holland, and Conestoga Rod and Gun Club in Southampton.

I'm a member at Langhorne and Conestoga, and can have you as a guest at either of those clubs if you're interested and can find a common time.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    Just thought I'd repost what OP asked, as Langhorne and Conestoga are quite a bit farther than 15 miles. Bucks Co is stretching it, but the cost is alot more and they also do that 3-shot limit thing.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    Just thought I'd repost what OP asked, as Langhorne and Conestoga are quite a bit farther than 15 miles. Bucks Co is stretching it, but the cost is alot more and they also do that 3-shot limit thing.
    Conestoga is defiantly within 15 miles of Horsham, and I believe that Langhorne is as well. I used to be a member at Bucks Co. before I moved, and I don't remember any 3 shot limits.

I've only been there once, but I had a very nice time shooting with FNG19 at Classic Pistol in Southampton. They are on Industrial Drive just off of Rt 232 between County Line Rd and Street Rd. Nice shop, nice range, and friendly people. FNG19 is a member there, and he said he is in there all the time.

Check out Conestoga Rod and Gun Club in Southampton
    www.conestogarodandgunclub.org Stop buy any Tuesday night at 7:00 to check out the club and talk to the members.

http://www.conestogagunclub.org/
    I posted the wrong web site this one works.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    I looked, because I can whole-heartedly recommend Langhorne Rod and Gun. It is only 13.6 miles from Horsham, according to Google maps.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...1&ie=UTF8&z=12
    I am a member there, and its a great club, and there is no such thing as a 3 shot limit. You have target ranges available out to 200yards.
    I can't speak for conestoga, as I've never been. But the quoted post does not apply to LRGC.

To the OP, welcome! LRGC has several events a month open to the public where you can get a feel for the club and what it has to offer. NRA basic training courses are available to members as well, if you are new to safe firearms handling. As far as I know a sponsor isn't necessary.

good luck in your search for a fun club!
    Last edited by cLion; December 20th, 2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: corrected info
    WhiteFeather: building a mall with a parking lot kills everything better than hunting ever does

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast