Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renewing my CCP

(Lehigh County)

Default Renewing my CCP

I originally obtained my concealed carry permit in 2002 from Pike County, PA (Milford area). I moved to Lehigh County (Bethlehem) last year and my 5 year permit expires this May. I was told by the Lehigh County Sheriff's Office that, in order to renew, I will need two references. Is this true? If so, what do they need to say, that I'm not a terrorist? I don't get it. Also, do they have to be a resident in the same county?

Mikey

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Renewing my CCP

MikeyMac,

All you need is the name ,address, and phone # of your two refs.

Sometimes they are contacted, sometimes not.

A renewal today is the same as a new application.

have the cash, I take two pics with me but generally they will take your pic there.

I think some counties like the refs to be from their county but I do not believe it is law that they are.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Delaware County)

I once listed friends in Delaware and NJ as my references. Got my renewal without issue, but that was Delaware County 10 years ago...

(Lehigh County)

The permit application in lehigh county askes for two references in Lehigh County.

(Lehigh County)

Hi "27Hand" and thanks for your input. I finally spoke to the lehigh County Sheriff's Office and received their renewal application for a CCP in the mail. Everything you said was correct except that you do in fact need two references (name, address, phone) from the same county as long as they are not immediate family. I find this awkward since I just moved out here and, how can they expect me to know two seperate individuals to give me a reference to carry a gun?? By chance, I already have one reference, which is luck. I think the reference requirement is rediculous. Pike County did not require references when I first applied in 2002.

-MikeyMac (The Fee is $38.00 and take your pic at their office)

(Lehigh County)

I finally spoke to the lehigh County Sheriff's Office and received their renewal application for a CCP in the mail. You do in fact need two references (name, address, phone) from the same county as long as they are not immediate family. I find this awkward since I just moved out here and, how can they expect me to know two seperate individuals to give me a reference to carry a gun?? By chance, I already have one reference, which is luck. I think the reference requirement is rediculous. Pike County did not require references when I first applied in 2002.

-MikeyMac (The Fee is $38.00 and take your pic at their office)

Thanks for your input "iamashooter2."

(Delaware County)

Last renewal here in Delco, they called my boss and asked about me... Ask if they will call your boss in Lehigh and if so you can use him/her as a reference. Nothing to lose if they are going to tell him you carry anyway.

ETA, they just raised the fee to $46 here.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMac View Post
    I originally obtained my concealed carry permit in 2002 from Pike County, PA (Milford area). I moved to Lehigh County (Bethlehem) last year and my 5 year permit expires this May. I was told by the Lehigh County Sheriff's Office that, in order to renew, I will need two references. Is this true? If so, what do they need to say, that I'm not a terrorist? I don't get it. Also, do they have to be a resident in the same county?

Mikey
    I'm confused. I also live in Bethlehem, but was required to go to the County of Northampton's sheriff's dept. over in Easton. On the application I was asked for two references. I put down my two best friends, one in Berks county and the other in Brooklyn, NY. Got my CCW 4 weeks later.
    NRA member
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

(Lehigh County)

Good for you.
    Unfortunately, I had to go through extremes to obtain references in my county. It wasn't easy.

-MikeyMac

(Pike County)

i sent my app to pike county sheriff for renewal, 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten. Why so long? The last time 5 years ago, the renwal was instant.

Even if I don't get it renewed, how does it affect me? I still own an arsonal of weapons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast