Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default ar 15 lightning link

i meet a guy today that was selling lightning links. they were hand made by him, and they were only the link not the paddle. he says it is completly legal for him to make as long as they were only 80% complete. he is selling them as a infor mational item. but what ever the buyer doese with it is completly out of his hands. so is any off this the truth. i called my local atf office to ask but there was not a field agent in, and they are going to get back to me.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: ar 15 lightning link

Quote Originally Posted by o1dakota440 View Post
    i meet a guy today that was selling lightning links. they were hand made by him, and they were only the link not the paddle. he says it is completly legal for him to make as long as they were only 80% complete. he is selling them as a infor mational item. but what ever the buyer doese with it is completly out of his hands. so is any off this the truth. i called my local atf office to ask but there was not a field agent in, and they are going to get back to me.
    As far as I am aware a piece of metal can be sold as long as its not complete... ie: AK stamped receivers.

Asking the ATF about lighting clips is like asking the DEA about what you can use to cut drugs to increase your profits.

I would make absolutely sure all your guns are 100% legal and there is nothing illegal in your house asap just in case they come to speak with you in person.

Lighting clips aren't legal to own and they are 100% illegal to install
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lycoming County)

ok so i have an answer. it is legal as long as it is only 80% complete. but imo ithink it would go down like this. for some reason the atf comes to the house, finds i have a 80% LL and an ar15. and arests me cause i also have a piece of banding outside that held a pallet of fire would. and now i can make a paddle out of the banding. that is just how i think it would happen

(Lehigh County)

"Please understand that it is illegal for a US Citizen to build one of these units without special licenses"

quote from here. http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/lightninglink.html

I dunno...I wouldnt do it. There are legal LL's out there and anyone with a little google know how could find plans and make em out of various metal components like sawzall blades etc.

Just to be clear here though:

Unless you are a manufacturer of NFA items for Mil/LEO...It's illegal unless you are buying a registered one. I see no point in having an 80% one.

Just my thoughts.

(Montgomery County)

closed this, answer has been given.

do not posess an unregistered NFA device.

a lot is talked about with this "80% rule" but you'll never see any law or ATF regulation mentioning what "80%" is.

meaning, don't posess one, and dont discuss sales with anyone wanting to sell you one.

same with "Pre 81" drop in auto sears...its a TRAP.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply