Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default [Centre] How many frequent the PAGC Scotia Range?

Just wondering how many in this part of the state rely on the Scotia range. I'm only a few miles away and use it exclusively even with its wierd rules and whatnot.

Anyway, anyone got good welding skills? I've been thinking of gathering up some angle steel and asking to fix a few of those destroyed target holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(Centre County)

Default Re: [Centre] How many frequent the PAGC Scotia Range?

I was actually out there this morning and someone does need to fix those broken target holders I think the 25 yard range outside the gates only half of the holders are useable. I usually take a large piece of cardboard with me because there is usually only 1 or 2 pieces there.

I know they use to take donations when you signed in but I guess they are not allowed anymore. That would provide some funds for the up keep of the range.

(Centre County)

Yea i was there today as well. And even thinking back of the past few months, those poor target holders at the "auxiliary range" have really been abused. Heck i think all of them we're fine last august on the pistol range.

Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(Centre County)

I relly on that range, the only other place in Centre that I know of that isnt a private farm is up on purdue mtn rd and its kinda pricy on my wages. I have talked to the manager out there before and apparently they need a welder that is of higher voltage than the run of the mill welder due to the guage steel used. People treat that place like total shit which I think is unfourtinate. I watched a bunch of PSU students blowing through 303 in an enfeild one day not even aiming and when asked WTF they were doing they said they had to blow the ammo before they left for home for winter break! I was so pissed off! The downsides to a public range, oh well. anyways, they do try to fix the place at least once a year, usually at the begining of spring they spruce it up and do some welding. It would be great if we could get a group of us together out there one day if nothing more than to help keep up the range. I guess thats all for now.
    Keep it real.
    Cheers,
    Josh

(Centre County)

Yea its a shame how crappy people treat that range. My roommates and I we're at the range last night and spent probably close to a hour just cleaning up the brass and trash at the aux range. Most people who use the range dont give a damn which pisses me off also.

(Berks County)

I wont complain about the brass...

However yea when Ronin and i were out there the amount of trash and everything out there was horrible. A few good people here and there that cleaned up after themselves. But its just in sad shape. My only fear is that after doing all the work that some idiots are gonna come along and destroy everything again.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ronin View Post
    Yea i was there today as well. And even thinking back of the past few months, those poor target holders at the "auxiliary range" have really been abused. Heck i think all of them we're fine last august on the pistol range.
    The auxiliary range is a mess. Sure, it's fun to go out there on "no rules day", but there's always garbage all over the place. The last time I was there (about 3 weeks ago) I thought, "Man, if people keep abusing the aux range, they're gonna take it away." At least nobody has placed an old TV downrange at a target.... yet.
    I'd be up for a Centre Co. PFOA group cleanup and backboard replacement of the aux range sometime in the very near future. It would be nice to see it clean, and it would be good PR.

Mark

(Centre County)

how does mid april sound for everyone? Mabye a saturday afternoon? I would prefer either the 7th or the 21st if thats the case. Someone should also head out and check with the range master (I cant remember his name) as see if he's down with the idea and see what help he knows he needs and what is already planned that we dont know about. I'm headed out of town today (wednesday) and wont be back till friday when I start my work week. If no one has made it out by then I'll try to make it out friday afternoon to ask.

Cheers
    Josh

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    how does mid april sound for everyone? Mabye a saturday afternoon? I would prefer either the 7th or the 21st if thats the case. Someone should also head out and check with the range master (I cant remember his name) as see if he's down with the idea and see what help he knows he needs and what is already planned that we dont know about. I'm headed out of town today (wednesday) and wont be back till friday when I start my work week. If no one has made it out by then I'll try to make it out friday afternoon to ask.

Cheers
    Josh
    I'm down for something like this. Other than just general cleaning, what exactly can we do to help, without access to a oxy-acetylene torch...

(Berks County)

Im up for any saturday and of course if ronins going im gonna come as well.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast