Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default here we go again - sunday hunting

The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: here we go again - sunday hunting

I think during Delawares December Shotgun doe/buck season i think those two sundays are open to hunt....someone correct me if in wrong. I guess it all depends on how over populated with deer you are.

(Lycoming County)

I think it should be permitted for one reason, it is my only day off I would hunt more if it was permissible on Sunday.

As it is, Sunday is shooting day around my Farm. Funny, many folks say that Sunday is for a day of rest, if I was permitted to hunt on Sundays I might get to shoot ten times (small game). However, since I can not hunt, I train with my employees, friends and local LE. So we end up shooting HUNDREDS of rounds. Sure does not make it more peaceful in Eastern Lycoming County
    One neighbor up the valley went to the Township Supervisors to pass an ordinance against Sunday Shooting. Super. laughed and said it is agriculture zoning and he could not if he wanted to. The Super. then asked "besides, where would I shoot?".

Be safe (and shooting on Sunday, whether hunting or training).

Scott

(Montgomery County)

I like the idea, working M-F until 5 doesn't leave for much time to get out.

(Berks County)

They're going to raise the price of licenses, may as well give us an extra day to hunt. Any landowner that doesn't want to allow Sunday hunting can just say so. It's tough to get out M-F, and if the weather is bad on Sat. you're screwed.

(Westmoreland County)

Sign me up! I'm all for it! I could go a bit more if open on Sundays...

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Allegheny County)

I have never understood the "No Hunting on Sunday" rule. I personally think you would see more Family oriented (father/son) hunting activies if Sunday hunting were allowed also. As was previously stated, working M-F leaves Saturday if its a decent day. Many people are working 2 jobs to meet financial obligations, etc... This is evident by the number of 2 wage earner families out there.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by FFEMT128 View Post
    I have never understood the "No Hunting on Sunday" rule. I personally think you would see more Family oriented (father/son) hunting activies if Sunday hunting were allowed also. As was previously stated, working M-F leaves Saturday if its a decent day. Many people are working 2 jobs to meet financial obligations, etc... This is evident by the number of 2 wage earner families out there.

Thank our archaic blue laws, the religious sect, and the won't get off their duff game commission for the no Sunday rules. Times have changed and there is no need to rely on ancient rituals that no longer apply to the majority of the population.

Who needs the day of rest, the animals? Heck they get rested all week! I'd go for Sunday hunting in a heartbeat.

(Monroe County)

Yup its 100% due to religion, not family, not work, not people sharing the woods... its "Sunday is a day of rest" and hunting isn't relaxing I guess.

If a private land owner wants to allow hunting except on Sunday then all they have to do is specify that... problem solved.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Cambria County)

We're already allowed to hunt a few critters on Sunday, so they could at least use some discretion on what else we could hunt on Sundays. If they think deer hunting on Sunday wouldn't be beneficial to the population, we could at least hunt turkeys and small game then and they could see how that affects the total harvest. I think turkeys (at least a lot of places I hunt) are quite expendable right now because of their proliference.
    Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast