Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allegheny County SWAT not happy campers

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyduster View Post
    I could not agree more!!! I too am tired of the cop bashing!! If this forum is all about freedom and rights, why all the negativity about those who are trying to protect them?? Cops are the good guys, remember? There will be some bad ones in ANY profession but the good far outweigh the bad in local law enforcement. I am honored to have spent a career in LE and have served with some courageous men and women with more integrity than any of the "bashers" in this forum. I'm also tired of anyone who speaks against "Open Carry", on this Forum, as being viewed as a communist!! I have YET to hear a logical rationale why as to why it's necessary. Yes, it is legal, but why the need to openly carry? Won't a concealed weapon be just as deadly? It's the NEGATIVE attention which hurts all gun owners. I'm sure I will be once again "counselled" regarding this post. But hey, we are all entitled to freedom of speech, right ?
    Cops don't "protect freedom and rights". Put down the blue kool-aid.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I find myself typing this again....NO KNOCK WARRANTS can not be done in PA.
    Jules
    The AG's office can authorize them in certain circumstances.
    http://tinyurl.com/y6jhwkw CLICK TO DONATE I'm riding again in 2010!

(Chester County)

And yes, MILITARY GEAR is just as much a psychological part of police enforcement as me or you showing up with some. A good Mini 14 would serve them fine. But they all want the AR with collapsible stock, short barrels, big magazines, red dot sights (You could put that on a mini-14). Why, cause they look mean and nasty. And that may win them seconds when the SHTF

Are you saying Police shouldn't have AR's or "mean and nasty" looking guns? I'm not sure where you're going with this.
    http://tinyurl.com/y6jhwkw CLICK TO DONATE I'm riding again in 2010!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by LM4300 View Post

Are you saying Police shouldn't have AR's or "mean and nasty" looking guns? I'm not sure where you're going with this.
    I don't know where the poster is going with it, but I would like to go down the $$$$ road with it. Since I'm paying for it as a taxpayer, LE should only get what is needed, not what they want.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    I don't know where the poster is going with it, but I would like to go down the $$$$ road with it. Since I'm paying for it as a taxpayer, LE should only get what is needed, not what they want.

And who determines what is needed?

In case you forgot, LEO's also pay taxes.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    And who determines what is needed?

In case you forgot, LEO's also pay taxes.
    "need" is relative. Hard to say what is "needed" for any given circumstance.

As a taxpayer, where would you prefer to see your $$$ go?

I personally believe all police dogs should have bullet proof vests. Any protective gear is a must for ALL LEO's, EBR's, on the other hand, I don't think are needed, except for a very small percentage of a "special group" such as swat. Even then, not all members of that group need 'em.

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by pirateron View Post
    I personally believe all police dogs should have bullet proof vests. Any protective gear is a must for ALL LEO's, EBR's, on the other hand, I don't think are needed, except for a very small percentage of a "special group" such as swat. Even then, not all members of that group need 'em.
    +1

The term "needed" for gear is subjective just like the anti's like to tell us what is needed for our own defense. Personally I'd say that continuing education for officers is always needed as well as any additional training and protective equipment. I'm interested to look up as to what OSHA says is required personal protective equipment for their job description.

Common sense would dictate that if police need all this gear in their day to day operations, then the public needs it also. Why not? Saftey measures are standardized in so many instances, why would the public be entitled to any less? Should I go without airbags since I drive responsibly? Should I go without a seatbelt because I only drive locally?

I need an asprin my head hurts. Maybe I'll take 20 and sue Advil because the warning label wasn't printed big enough for me to take notice.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by pirateron View Post
    "need" is relative. Hard to say what is "needed" for any given circumstance.

As a taxpayer, where would you prefer to see your $$$ go?

I would prefer my tax money going to furnish the police dept with whatever they need instead of having to buy my own handguns, buying my own patrol rifle, etc.

Do yourself a favor and google the Rock Hill SC bank robbery and tell me that officer should not of had a EBR.

Or how about the N. Hollywood bank robbery??? No evil black rifles there and look what happened.

So, in your opinion patrol officers should not be allowed to have EBR's??? Please tell my why. Should they have shotguns??? Should they have a whistle??

Every patrol vehicle should have an AR rifle inside.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
    +1

The term "needed" for gear is subjective just like the anti's like to tell us what is needed for our own defense. Personally I'd say that continuing education for officers is always needed as well as any additional training and protective equipment. I'm interested to look up as to what OSHA says is required personal protective equipment for their job description.

Common sense would dictate that if police need all this gear in their day to day operations, then the public needs it also. Why not? Saftey measures are standardized in so many instances, why would the public be entitled to any less? Should I go without airbags since I drive responsibly? Should I go without a seatbelt because I only drive locally?

I need an asprin my head hurts. Maybe I'll take 20 and sue Advil because the warning label wasn't printed big enough for me to take notice.
    What the hell does OSHA know about what is needed for police work????? Their fat asses sit behind a desk and say you don't need that for your job??? Get out from behind your desk then tell me what I need for my job.

(Allegheny County)

I'd be pissed if my police department used my tax money to buy Chrysler products for patrol cars.

Just sayin'.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast