Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: NRA

(Monroe County)

Default Re: NRA

1. When I was a member I didn't realize I could opt out of the mailers. I tried several times to have my name taken off their calling list but was unsuccessful in doing so. I received at least a mailer a week from them requesting additional money.

A buddy of mine who was given a lifetime membership never received these requests, he would get a monthly news letter and that was it and he never opted out of anything.

2. The amount that the leadership within the NRA are paid is extremly high for the non-profit industry. I believe when I looked last year the guy running it was making 150k+ and a 50k+ expense account.

(added amounts)

ROBERT J. DOWLUT salary - 154,619 - benefits 31,928 - expense account 0
    FAIRFAX, VA
    WILSON H. PHILLIPS JR. salary - 403,849 - benefits - 46,936 - expense account 3,100
    FAIRFAX, VA
    Last edited by Dredly; December 16th, 2008 at 01:47 PM.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    2. The amount that the leadership within the NRA are paid is extremly high for the non-profit industry. I believe when I looked last year the guy running it was making 150k+ and a 50k+ expense account.
    Your local school district superintendents makes that much without the responsibility of the NRA execs. (they don`t need the expenses as they don`t really travel) When I was a teamster in the 70`s-80`s the business agents were making 6 figures.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    When I was a teamster in the 70`s-80`s the business agents were making 6 figures.
    And as I recall, just about everyone at the top of the teamsters did time on the pen....or worse...

**cough cough** Jimmy Hoffa **cough cough**

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345