Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NRA

(Berks County)

Default Re: NRA

Quote Originally Posted by 625 View Post
    You can request that they not send you mail. It's not that hard.
    Yeah, but evidently some people find those two minutes hard to replace.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Berks County)

I was a member of the NRA for three years. In those three years, I have not heard of them really doing anything beneficial for the second amendment. We are good enough to send them money, but, really not good enough to fight for. Hell, these bastards even tried to derail the Heller case before they FINALLY wrote an Amicus Brief to the courts (rather late) I might add as well. If there is a new and permanent AWB, they will gladly stand beside the President for the photo op. They aren't fighting for your rights, and I need some strong evidence that they are. However, they will barter and compromise little pieces of it away.

NRA stands for Not Really Awake, or Not Really American.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I`ll tell you what vote for non competitive political candidates and dis the NRA and you might as well just start melting your firearms down for cookware and plastic Barbie dolls.
    I agree 100%. I know they they will never please everyone, but who else had the clout to get on the national media to point out Obama's record. Yet many ignored that advice and are now wondering how do we stop the anti crowd. Once again the only group calling national attention to upcoming legislation is the NRA. I just renewed for 3 years.

(Philadelphia County)

As I understand it, the NRA, the NRA-ILA, and the NRA-PVF are somewhat separate entities. NRA membership dues go mostly to the NRA proper, promoting shooting sports, education, training - which was the founding purpose of the NRA back when nobody thought that "the people" meant "the national guard". The NRA-ILA is responsible for lobbying. The NRA-PVF support pro-gun candidates in elections.

You don't have to be a member to donate to the NRA-ILA or the NRA-PVF specifically.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Konsukah_19 View Post
    Hell, these bastards even tried to derail the Heller case before they FINALLY wrote an Amicus Brief to the courts (rather late) I might add as well.
    When the Heller case started out, neither Roberts nor Alito were on the bench. Given that we won 5-4, pursuing Heller in a court containing Rehnquist and O'Connor instead of Roberts and Alito would not have been a smart move.

Litigation is risky. If you lose you don't just lose the case, you set precedent that permanently hurts your cause. Derailing Heller would have been in the interests of gun owners if Heller did not have a realistic chance of success, and I don't think it did before the recent changes in the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Some of you guys are small minded. Do you think a big lobby machine just runs out of the back of an American Motors gremlin? Get real.

I`ll tell you what vote for non competitive political candidates and dis the NRA and you might as well just start melting your firearms down for cookware and plastic Barbie dolls.
    There-in lies the problem. The big lobby machine is the reason government is the way it is. Your so called noncompetitive candidates, are just that because they don't have the big lobby machines pumping money into their political campaigns. Government has no interest in making improvements for the people, all they care about is who gives out the biggest perks and who will keep funding their campaigns.

Get real? Get your head out of your you know what, long enough to look around and see what's happening. Fear is the basis that the NRA runs on. This election was just what they wanted to get their membership to skyrocket. So far it is working well. They have people sending in money, hand over fist, for what? To build another skyscraper or to increase the executives salaries or to send out more mailings or increase their benefits?

You are welcome to spend your money how you like, but don't call me or us names, just because you don't agree with my or our take on the situation. Feel free to flame away, if that makes you feel any better.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    Yeah, but evidently some people find those two minutes hard to replace.
    Better yet, don't waste your money and you can save even MORE time!

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    There-in lies the problem. The big lobby machine is the reason government is the way it is. Your so called noncompetitive candidates, are just that because they don't have the big lobby machines pumping money into their political campaigns. Government has no interest in making improvements for the people, all they care about is who gives out the biggest perks and who will keep funding their campaigns.
    Bravo.

I'd much rather donate my money to a site like this. No spam, no excessive salaries, and no bullshit scare tactics.

Keep in mind, the NRA supported a candidate for president that pledged to sign the AWB if it made it to his desk. How in fuck does THAT make any sense?

(Montgomery County)

Keep in mind, the NRA supported a candidate for president that pledged to sign the AWB if it made it to his desk. How in fuck does THAT make any sense?
    As much as I don't like you, I have to say that you are smarter than this sad little question. The answer is: Option B was a far worse candidate regarding gun rights.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 625 View Post
    As much as I don't like you, I have to say that you are smarter than this sad little question. The answer is: Option B was a far worse candidate regarding gun rights.
    You're still supporting a candidate that is in favor of gun control. Maybe you and your money can go for the "shades of gun control" preferences, if that is your inclination. Not I.

But it seems a little silly to me to bitch about something today (as in a section of the OP) that you supported yesterday.

And you don't like me? Really? Damn, that sucks...I was going to invite you to my Chucky Cheese birthday party before that comment. Thanks for your very important and relevant opinion.

(Lehigh County)

I honestly believe all the money that the NRA gets would be better used in an ACLU type organization that stands up for ALL of the constitution and it's ideals.

Anti-Fed
    Anti-Corruption
    Pro Gun Rights
    Anti-Discrimination
    etc etc..

No more no less..

I'm extremely tempted not to renew because of the piles of Junk Mail I get almost every damn day from them.. I do NOT Want a NRA Watch, Hat, Toothpicks and a official NRA collectors plate.. /sigh.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast