Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: About Gun "Registration" or Transfers in PA

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately I don't have reciepts or boxes for them. I know they are already trying to sell whatever they can bc they are worried about losing their house. I'm going back over tonight to see if I can get all or at least a few back. It's a mess right now. I may just tell her I don't mind if she sells a few, but that I at least want to know what's there and pick a few out. If that works, should I do something about getting them out of my dads name?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmelissa421 View Post
    Thank you for the information. Unfortunately I don't have reciepts or boxes for them. I know they are already trying to sell whatever they can bc they are worried about losing their house. I'm going back over tonight to see if I can get all or at least a few back. It's a mess right now. I may just tell her I don't mind if she sells a few, but that I at least want to know what's there and pick a few out. If that works, should I do something about getting them out of my dads name?
    Your father is beyond any retribution for legal sins real or imagined, and we don't have "registration" anyway. I wouldn't spend any time or effort on getting them out of his name.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Northampton County)

Tried doing a search but anything involving "background check" turns up pages and pages of crap.

If I order 2 guns and pick them up at the same time is it one PICS check? Or is it one check per gun? I cant imagine them charging me twice, but who knows these days.
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by JStem1283 View Post
    Tried doing a search but anything involving "background check" turns up pages and pages of crap.

If I order 2 guns and pick them up at the same time is it one PICS check? Or is it one check per gun? I cant imagine them charging me twice, but who knows these days.
    A single background check is required. You may however get the joy of paying the surtax twice(min $5 each).

The dealer may charge you twice for doing the paperwork that is involved, but only (1) PICS call will be required if both are transferred at the same time. The dealer's transfer fee typically includes the state surtax.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    A single background check is required. You may however get the joy of paying the surtax twice(min $5 each).

The dealer may charge you twice for doing the paperwork that is involved, but only (1) PICS call will be required if both are transferred at the same time. The dealer's transfer fee typically includes the state surtax.
    In addition....

http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/downl...f-f-3310-4.pdf

(Northampton County)

Cool Re: About Gun "Registration" or Transfers in PA

So I'll have to do the form for multiple purchases even if its 1 pistol and 1 long gun it seems. And he can charge for 2 transfers if he so chooses. Guess when they come in I'll have to ask and hope he is in a good mood that day
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

Quote Originally Posted by JStem1283 View Post
    So I'll have to do the form for multiple purchases even if its 1 pistol and 1 long gun it seems. And he can charge for 2 transfers if he so chooses. Guess when they come in I'll have to ask and hope he is in a good mood that day
    "Any Combination of Pistols and Revolvers Disposed of to the Same unlicensed Person at One Time or During Any Five Consecutive Business Days"

I just purchased a pistol (M&P Shield) on Thursday and returned it the same day. How can I be sure that that pistol does not show up in the state police transfer database as belonging to me?

Thanks

(Franklin County)

It will now show that forever. If the gun is eventually sold to another non-FFL PA resident, they will then be shown as the current/next owner (assuming things works as they're supposed to), but your name will ALWAYS be connected to the firearm in the PSP "database that's not a registry".
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

The striped lower needs to go to an FFL if you were the original buyer just like any new long gun.
    If you were to sell your dads rifle (striped lower now complete rifle)you would not need to go to a FFL but I would do a bill of sale and check PA ID just to be safe.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast