Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default creepy men and OC?

Ok this is a female issue and may seem silly. Today I was talking to the 1 favorite waitress at my parents and myself's favorite eatery. We started off talking about men, then it went to creepy men and dirty old men LOL ( turns out she is a magnet for dirty old men too- they must like us fat chicks), then I mentioned OCing to keep creepy men away. So she blurts out all excited that her dad told her OC is legal in PA, and this gets me going LOL. Turns out her brother and father have gotten all into shooting lately, so I wrote down this site, opencarry.org, and the Gorilla's site, for her to give to them( I need to print some of the Gorillas flyers out for her). Now she had no idea about the harrassment OCers get from the police. She said " but open carry is legal!". I suggested perhaps she get into OC herself and the 2 of us can OC and do stuff together OCing when she is off work. Oh I just love jumping over the state line into PA...

But back to the start of our convo... would OC keep creepy pervert and dirty old men away or do you think it might draw some like mosquitos? I told her that maybe it would draw the RIGHT men, you know some nice cute and polite gun guy who is just totally infatuated by an OCing lady?

I have to take into consideration that I have lost nearly 25 pounds, bunches of inches off the waist and hips, and am wearing size 16 pants now, and that when I get my metabolism jump started again ( I think winter did something LOL), I will start losing the inches dramatically again and before I know it I will be wearing size 12 again, looking like I'm 18 again and so on, and no doubt be a man magnet, and I'd rather keep the "icky" ones away. True violent rapist types would surely scurry off, but would the silly horny creeps think chicks n guns are sexy?

BTW how does an XDm .40 with stainless slide in an evil black holster sound?
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Clarion County)

Default Re: creepy men and OC?

Hello Mizzzz. Coyote;

As a dirty old man and a part time mosquito ,I find OCing women quite interesting. Young ,old ,male, female, it doesn't matter,we share a common interest. When-ever I get the oppertunity,I always strike up a conversation.
    Besides,you never know what kind of very cool relationships may develope.
    Life is short,don't let fear and insecurity rule your life.Go for the gusto girl, but safely and smartly.
    You really don't know how creepy some-one is or not until you see them naked,so much for the un-known!! You go girl!!
    PS.Have a great and safe Holidays,may your traps runneth over.

The XDm.40 with stainless slide and black evil holster sounds " SEXY"!!
    Last edited by dman; December 10th, 2008 at 01:40 AM.

(Allegheny County)

I think the stereotypical "creepy looking" guy might think twice about approaching a visibly armed person (male/female).

As a side note, I'd love to see a female openly carrying a firearm. I recently figured this out while watching NCIS. Seeing Cote de Pablo open carrying makes me happy.

(Clarion County)

Wink Re: creepy men and OC?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed in PA View Post
    I think the stereotypical "creepy looking" guy might think twice about approaching a visibly armed person (male/female).

As a side note, I'd love to see a female openly carrying a firearm. I recently figured this out while watching NCIS. Seeing Cote de Pablo open carrying makes me happy.
    Well Mr. Ed. I've no reservations to much anything.Be brave,not stupid.
    I'll aproach anybody anywhere gun or no gun!! There's a saying,"Keep your friends close,your enemies even closer".!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    Well Mr. Ed. I've no reservations to much anything.Be brave,not stupid.
    I'll aproach anybody anywhere gun or no gun!! There's a saying,"Keep your friends close,your enemies even closer".!!

Perhaps I should have said approach with the intent to cause harm?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    BTW how does an XDm .40 with stainless slide in an evil black holster sound?
    As an officially state liscenced Dirty Old Man in Training, I gotta go with 'pretty darn goood'.

CommonthatisallHighrise

(Montgomery County)

I kinda think it may draw some interest, but only if the creepy guys are gun enthusiasts. Like myself (I jest). Otherwise maybe just some curiosity. As far as it being a deterrant, I think the creepy types are oblivious to such things. They've got a one track mind to go with tunnel vision.

As an aside: Congrats on the weight loss and good luck reaching your goal. My wife dropped quite a bit of weight before we got married and managed to keep it off until after our second was born. Her biggest problem however is a VERY bad back which has limited her ability to exercise the way she wants and is causing her some level of depression. Anyway, I've seen first hand how her determination paid off, and I'm sure yours will too.

BTW, stainless/black (especially EVIL black) = teh hotness

(Lackawanna County)

Obviously, I cannot give you a woman's perspective as I'm of the XY chromosome persuasion. But I will share some experiences and thoughts.

On a few occasions, when I was brave enough to OC, I was approached by people who usually would have (seemingly) ignored me. Now, I am a fairly good looking guy but I am an introvert by nature. Being a fairly tall, broad-shouldered man with an introverted personality, I've been told I tend to give off an 'intimidating' vibe. It is nothing intentional on my part, but people have told me that, though I've done nothing particularly 'creepy', they, nonetheless, felt 'intimidated' when we first met.

I explain this to illustrate that where people (according to personal historic reports) would normally be too 'intimidated' to approach me when I am not Openly Carrying, they somehow overcame this hesitation when they spotted my revolver; more than once it was to ask me "What do you need that for?" or "Are you expecting trouble?" or something to this effect. Generally, these encounters were initiated by anti-carry types who (usually cautiously) let me know they couldn't comprehend any need for anyone (especially someone like me, who could obviously 'handle himself') to carry a firearm.

I've read similar stories here - of people being approached by anti-carry types whose only purpose for the confrontation was that they were concerned by how much fear "everyone else" was feeling as a result of someone Openly Carrying. The incident involving SFN comes to mind.

Personally, I find anti-carry types to fit into the category of "creepy". That being said, apart from the expected increase in encounters with anti-carry people one would experience, I do not believe an Openly Carried firearm will change the number of encounters a person will have - regardless of how 'attractive' they might be perceived as.
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
    ...Say that to my face.

(Lehigh County)

Did somebody say fat chicks with guns?

/what are they wearing?
    Last edited by Robert Kayland; December 10th, 2008 at 08:49 AM.

(Somerset County)

well , as a senior member of the OLD FART club here , I say it would definatley attract , not repel .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast