Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Question ANYONE OWN OR HAVE INFO ON "PARA PDA"?

Been thinking of changing my "everyday carry gun" to a pocket pistol. Really like the mini 1911 style of "para pda". Don't own a para. have never shot one either but am well aware of their rep. Would love some thoughts on this gun. Is the $900 price tag worth it?(seen them on gunbroker selling for that....brand new shipping included) Any other thoughts on a good pocket pistol (and don't say kel-tec)...I hate that thing..link for the para pda below

http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=66

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: ANYONE OWN OR HAVE INFO ON "PARA PDA"?

i don't own one, nor have i ever shot one, but i did get to handle one at Gander Mountain. i reallyreallyreally liked it. it just felt right in the hand. as far as asking whether it's almost a grand, my dad paid that much for a Colt Officer's Model, which is a little bigger; he had a bunch of problems with it at first, which he had fixed, but it ran him close to $200. i talked to someone who does own one; she's had zero problems in over 500 rounds.if i had the money, i'd buy one.

(Allegheny County)

That looks awesome..If I didn't allready have a Kahr PM-9 and a Kel-tek PF-9..I'd buy it...Rich

Glock27, I don't own the PDA but I do own the Para 1911 SSP and I have to tell you it's a great gun. I've had it for years and no problems ever. It shoots well and shot well right out of the box. You won't go wrong with a Para. I hope that helps you. (Just my opinion)

(Lancaster County)

Unfortunately for me my experience with Para has been negative. The bottom gun in this pic is ma Para Carry 12 with a msrp of 1200 bucks. It was bought with the intention of being a primary ccw replacing my Glock 27 and Kahr PM9. The gun was junk from day one. It didnt chamber the first round no matter how many rounds I loaded and failed to go into battery at least once per mag. The extractor broke within 300 rounds and Para told me to replace the springs after every 1000 rounds. After sending it back to Para twice and fighting through about 1500 rounds it still didnt become reliable. It was accurate for its size but It didnt come close to my other guns as far as reliability. I sold it for 600 bucks (paid over 900 for it) and bought a bunch of 223 rounds with the money. I know it wasnt a PDA but I wanted to chime in anyway. Maybe someone has better stories than I do. Maybe my gun was a lemon. Good luck with your decision making. Brian