Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Stubby Gear between York and Hanover Pa.

I cannot say enough about these guys. They have a smaller operation than most of the "Big guys", but there customer service is second to none. They have always been eager to help and order what ever I need that they don't have in house. I have purchased 2 guns from them and have even handled a few transfers there as well.

If you need a shop in the York Co area. Check these guys out, you won't be disappointed.

Dave W.
    3%

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Stubby Gear between York and Hanover Pa.

I wish the shop was closer to me, I'd be able to stop there more often. He always has a nice offering of surplus guns and bulk surplus ammo. The owner's real personable and very knowledgable. I like that place a lot.

(Philadelphia County)

Fun PAFOA Fact: Stubby launched his business on this forum and many of our members helped him work on his store before it opened if I remember correctly!
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(York County)

I'll enlighten you to something else. Stubby's is carrying more and more misc. AR parts like Daniel Defense, MagPul, and others. His retail prices are the same as ordering from Brownell's and you save the shipping. Even if he doesn't have what I need in stock, I'll have him order it and buy from him, I'm paying the same and he's making money.
    Anyone looking for an AR, I was there today and he had three or four on the wall.

I know based on what he tried to do for us, even though it failed with no fault on him, I'll be willing to drive up there to do some business when it comes time to make another purchase. I don't know him but given his reputation around here and his effort to put us in a good spot...he gets my business even if the drive is 100 miles or so. Nice day out with a country drive is never a bad thing especially when I get to bring home something nice.

My only dealing with Stubby Gear, so far that is, was the failed group buy. I can't find a single fault in the service I received. They surely had their hands full with trying to notify everyone of the situation, and the phone call I received handled very well.

I plan on stopping by their shop on my next trip across the state.

(Lebanon County)

No complaints whatsoever. Stubby puts up with me stopping in weekly in the summer, and bs'ing for at least an hour. I've gotten numerous good deals from him, and will continue to be a customer.

(York County)

I bought 2 guns from Stubby in less than 2 months. He and his staff answer questions without making you feel intimidated and will also let you handle whatever he got in the case or on the wall. His shop is close to me but I would travel to it if ever moves. Gander Mountain in York should take a few lessons from Stubby and his group not only on prices but customer service as well!

just stopped by there tonight and bought a holster for my S&W 638 price was great i paid less for this holster than i did for my crappy uncle mikes and it is much better quality he did have i tihnk 4 AR's on the wall 1 was priced i think $999 +/- a few dollars if i had the money i woulda bought it great guy to deal with never had a problem with him yet. used him to sell a gun of mine also "consignment" took it to 1 gun show for me and it was gone got my check less than a week later i think.

only 1 tihng that bothers me is the lack of handguns tonight there were like 10-12 misc but sometimes there like 4-6 which is fine i just like handguns. im tihnking about buying myself one of those "evil black guns" and it will most likely be from him

giving him a 10/10 so far in my dealings with him

(Juniata County)

anyone have his address and hours? I'll be working in the york/ hanover area over the next two months or so and would like to stop by sometime on my way back home. does he carry any c&r firearms?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast