Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Ontelaunee Rod and Gun

Just joined via the mail in membership from the website ($20) looks to be a nice club and not to far from me, about 1/2 hour.

http://www.ontelaunee.org/

I mainly joined to satisfy the "affiliated club" requirement for the CMP, but it looks to be a nice place with many activities and decent facillities.

Any current members here that can fill me in on any more info on this club?
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(York County)

Default Re: Ontelaunee Rod and Gun

Haven't been to the facility yet, but I do know that it's the site of the 2007 PA IDPA Champoinship (The Ontelaunee Cup), and is an active IDPA club....

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by NoHackrLtd View Post
    Haven't been to the facility yet, but I do know that it's the site of the 2007 PA IDPA Champoinship (The Ontelaunee Cup), and is an active IDPA club....
    And the ICORE East Coast Regional Revolver Championship. I've been a member there for a few years now. Nice facility, rilfe ranges to 300 yards, 50 and 25 yard ranges for pistols and "the pit" where you can practice your holster work, set up some practice steel or whatever. Lots of options for the shotgunners and a stocked fishing pond. They are making improvements with cover being added to the ranges. Downsides... No full auto or .50 Browning and the rifle/pistol ranges are closed a lot on weekends in the summer for matches.

(Chester County)

how about round limits. do they limit what you can have in your gun? and how are they with geust? looks like a good place for the money

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BFit70 View Post
    how about round limits. do they limit what you can have in your gun? and how are they with geust? looks like a good place for the money
    No round limit. No "rapid fire" rule, but you need to be controlled and keep them on the target (no hip shooting or bump firing). Paper targets only, except in the pit. No shooting at junk even there. Cleaning up the pit after yourself is not written, but then, it shouldn't have to be. No guests. Everyone shooting needs to have a membership card displayed.