Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default 'KopBusters' investigators bait Odessa police to illegally raid house: Video

KopBusters looks like a good reality show...

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Raw_fo...ting_1207.html

For former drug interdiction officer Barry Cooper, the media storm is just beginning.

His upcoming reality show, 'KopBusters,' a 'To Catch A Predator' style crusade against dirty officers, sparked an immediate response after RAW STORY covered a news brief of their first sting.

Cooper has now released footage from the initial episode of 'KopBusters,' in which the Odessa, TX police department raids a suspected marijuana grow house, only to discover they played right into the filmmaker's hands. As surveillance cameras roll, the police slowly figure out they've been had, seemingly caught red-handed of illegally overreaching in a first-of-its-kind operation.

"KopBusters rented a house in Odessa, Texas and began growing two small Christmas trees under a grow light similar to those used for growing marijuana. When faced with a suspected marijuana grow, the police usually use illegal FLIR cameras and/or lie on the search warrant affidavit claiming they have probable cause to raid the house. Instead of conducting a proper investigation which usually leads to no probable cause, the Kops lie on the affidavit claiming a confidential informant saw the plants and/or the police could smell marijuana coming from the suspected house.

"The trap was set and less than 24 hours later, the Odessa narcotics unit raided the house only to find KopBuster's attorney waiting under a system of complex gadgetry and spy cameras that streamed online to the KopBuster's secret mobile office nearby.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Cambria County)

Default Re: 'KopBusters' investigators bait Odessa police to illegally raid house: Video

LMFAO. You know, if this weren't wasting resources that could be used to actually fight crime, it would be a slam dunk...of course, the argument could be made that whether or not Kopbusters is involved, illegitimate raids are wasting resources just the same, and the perpetrators go unpunished most of the time. After that further thought, yeah, slam dunk. I like it.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: 'KopBusters' investigators bait Odessa police to illegally raid house: Video

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    KopBusters looks like a good reality show...

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Raw_fo...ting_1207.html
    I just hope nobody gets shot or killed in one of these stings. I see allot of potential risk.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    I just hope nobody gets shot or killed in one of these stings. I see allot of potential risk.
    I just hope no cops show up with wine coolers and condoms...
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(Allegheny County)

I don't think the FBI is involved so shootings should be kept to a minimum

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Allegheny County)

Sounds like the house is uninhabited when they bust down the door, but the cameras are in there and rolling.

(Lawrence County)

nice! there should be cheques and balances when it comes to this kind of power.

you shouldn't be able to just go around throwing innocent people in jail because you feel like it!!!!
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by talldean View Post
    Sounds like the house is uninhabited when they bust down the door, but the cameras are in there and rolling.
    There is a Lawyer in the House when they come in. If you listen at the end of the trailer video, you can hear them speaking to the Lawyer. I guess they took him into custody and released him later, without charges

Be safe (and take your Lawyer with you everywhere you go).

Scott

(Monroe County)

I hear they are going to start a new show next week as well...

"To catch a lieing piece of shit". Apparently they are going to track corrupt politicans and bust them on camera.

Rumor has it they have enough material to last through 2050 already and they haven't started filming in Washington DC yet
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lackawanna County)

they should get chris hansen to host it.