So I have two holsters so far - one OWB and one IWB. The IWB one is obviously for 100% concealed carry. Up until now, I have used the OWB holster solely under my jacket, where it was semi-visible. Today, in a quick 1 1/2 minute visit to Sheetz, I went out Open Carrying.

Stupidly, I didn't have any flyers, but my first inclination when heading out isn't to grab information about things I am doing legally. It was an overwhelmingly good experience, barring a few very small hiccups. I knew the cahsier and a few people in the store, and they all commented with smiling faces saying things like "nice gun," "oh I didn't know you had a gun," and "whoaa don't shoot! (jokingly)" My friend the cashier jokingly held her hands up - which scared the living daylights out of me God forbid a LEO was outside and got the wrong idea. I quickly told her that it wasn't appropriate and I really wasn't in the mood to get shot by a cop tonight. She was smiling and laughing while doing so, but still. Worried me.

I had some starers, I just smiled, gave a little half-wave, and walked on by. A man standing right next to the line gave me a stare at my hip, then a sneer at my face. I politely asked if he was in line, to which he replied curtly, "no, that's why I'm standing next to the line." I shrugged and moved forward. I figure there's a 50/50 chance he was either concerned about the firearm or he was just a jerk in general. All in all, I had a blast, and will be open carrying more often (carrying those handy fllyers in case I get any questions)! Thanks for the education all, it is probably the reason I wasn't concerned heading out in the first place!