Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Concealed carry in county parks.

Does the PA bill that was signed on Oct 17 th this year that allows concealed carry in state parks also allow concealed carry in county parks? Wasn't the same government agency that prohibited carry in state parks also the one that prohibited carry in county parks? I would like to carry concealed while I visit the Nottingham Park in Chester County. Thanks for your help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world is and remains immortal.- Albert Pines

(Venango County)

Default Re: Concealed carry in county parks.

County Parks are covered by the pre-emption law in the PA UFA....

basically states that no county can make a rule regulating the possession of a firearm.....

I'm at work or I would dig up the actual wordiing....

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Jefferson County)

Subsection 6120

§ 6120. Limitation on the regulation of firearms and ammunition.

1. General rule. -- No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

a.1 No right of action. --
    1. No political subdivision may bring or maintain an action at law or in equity against any firearms or ammunition manufacturer, trade association or dealer for damages, abatement, injunctive relief or any other relief or remedy resulting from or relating to either the lawful design or manufacture of firearms or ammunition or the lawful marketing or sale of firearms or ammunition to the public.
    2. Nothing in this subsection shall be construed to prohibit a political subdivision from bringing or maintaining an action against a firearms or ammunition manufacturer or dealer for breach of contract or warranty as to firearms or ammunition purchased by the political subdivision.
    2. Definitions. -- As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Dealer." The term shall include any person engaged in the business of selling at wholesale or retail a firearm or ammunition.

"Firearms." This term shall have the meaning given to it in section 5515 (relating to prohibiting of paramilitary training) but shall not include air rifles as that term is defined in section 6304 (relating to sale and use of air rifles).

"Political subdivision." The term shall include any home rule charter municipality, county, city, borough, incorporated town, township or school district.

(Oct. 18, 1974, P.L.768, No.260, eff. imd.; Dec. 19, 1988, P.L.1275, No.158, eff. 180 days; Oct. 4, 1994, P.L.571, No.84, eff. 60 days; Dec. 15, 1999, P.L.915, No.59, eff. imd.)

1999 Amendment. Section 9 of Act 59 provided that the amendment of section 6120 shall apply to all actions pending on or brought after the effective date of the amendment of section 6120.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

In other words...

There is no state prohibition on carry in county (or twp) parks. Additionally, counties and twp's are prohibited by statute from doing so

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

What those guys said. There are a few threads were people have gone out of their way to point this out.

This is one of them.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...rleigh-pa.html
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.