Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Heeding God's Call and Bryan Miller are at it again - Delia's in Philly Targeted

A co-worker was in Delia's in Philly this past weekend. While there, Delia's was swamped by a large number of people attempting to push the "Code of Conduct" on them, and impeding business. These people were with Heeding God's Call.

Some of you will remember that these people tried to take credit for closing one Philly gun shop, Colosimo's, and not the feds who'd built a case against them. HGC also targeted The Shooter Shop last year, but were rebuffed by large numbers of supporters of the shop, NRA, and a few PAFOA members.

Now they're targeting Delia's. Further details are not yet known, but I'll be watching their websites. As soon as I know of a date they set to schedule a protest, I'll bring it here, and then get in touch with the owner of Delia's.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Heeding God's Call and Bryan Miller are at it again - Delia's in Philly Targeted

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    A co-worker was in Delia's in Philly this past weekend. While there, Delia's was swamped by a large number of people attempting to push the "Code of Conduct" on them, and impeding business. These people were with Heeding God's Call.

Some of you will remember that these people tried to take credit for closing one Philly gun shop, Colosimo's, and not the feds who'd built a case against them. HGC also targeted The Shooter Shop last year, but were rebuffed by large numbers of supporters of the shop, NRA, and a few PAFOA members.

Now they're targeting Delia's. Further details are not yet known, but I'll be watching their websites. As soon as I know of a date they set to schedule a protest, I'll bring it here, and then get in touch with the owner of Delia's.
    I knew it was only a matter of time before they showed up again. Keep us posted, and if they need people to show up in support I'll be down in Philly once again for sure.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Heeding God's Call and Bryan Miller are at it again - Delia's in Philly Targeted

I will try to make it down if we get a firm date.

(Lancaster County)

HGC and Ceasefire are nothing but hate organizations. Why don't they just be honest about what they really are and burn a cross outside gun stores?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Bucks County)

Few NRA people, few people from the forum but mostly the shop had friends and family.

(Allegheny County)

Cool Re: Heeding God's Call and Bryan Miller are at it again - Delia's in Philly Targeted

Sounds like these, "theologians," are in need of some ACTUAL ejumakayshun.

Send them MY way.

I sure wish I had known about this. I try and make it to every protest they hold at shops. If you hear anything more please post it.

I think I'll wander on down to Delia's tomorrow and pick up some ammo. Just another way to make HGC's antics backfire on them, more business for the shops.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Philadelphia County)

Yes Please post if you know when the next protest is. I'll definitely head over I need to pick up some ammo and cleaning supplies. Thanks for the post!

(Berks County)

Ok folks, more info can be found here, including the currently schedule of events, as planned by Heeding God's Call. I say currently, because Delia's is CLOSED on Mondays, so I'm sure that they will change accordingly.

We have a lot of folks in Philly, and the Philly burbs. The Shooter Shop had virtually no support from PAFOA when HGC targeted them. PLEASE, do NOT let that happen again. As these scumbags become more and more emboldened, they WILL come to the suburbs.

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/l...hia-residents-

The message rang clear Sunday inside the First Presbryterian Church in Germantown: It's time to take real action against gun violence in Philadelphia.

At the close of a week dotted with deadly shootings, nearly 70 Northwest residents gathered to kick-off a series of protests aimed at an area gun shop thought to be contributing to the illegal gun market.

"In less than an hour in this city, a trafficker can acquire, through a stand-in, a straw-buyer, as many guns as he or she wants," said Bryan Miller, director of public advocacy for Heeding God's Call and director of Ceasefire NJ, two anti-gun violence organizations.

The event's organizer, a new grassroots interfaith group called Neighborhood Partners to End Gun Violence (NPEG), will start holding protests outside of Delia's Gun Shop in Northeast Philadelphia.

This after the owner refused to adopt and post a 10-point code of conduct created by the Mayors Against Illegal Guns coalition.

The non-binding code asks stores to videotape all transactions, run criminal background checks on all employees and keep better track of inventory, among other things.

The regularly scheduled demonstrations will begin Feb. 21 between 4:30-5:30 p.m. They will continue at the same time each first and third Monday of the month until the owner changes his mind. The goal is not to shut down the shop, though this model, championed by Heeding God's Call, did help bring about that action in 2009 at Colosimo's Gun Shop.

During the two-hour event, representatives from NPEG and the area's anti-gun violence movement worked to empower and energize the assembled through speeches, songs and poetry.

Rabbi Linda Holtzman, who heads the Mishkan Shalom synagogue in Roxborough, said it's not enough to just say gun violence is a problem, you have do something about it.

"As long as we are not standing up and saying 'no we won't allow this to continue', we are responsible. As long as we don't claim our brotherhood and sisterhood with each other and everyone touched by gun violence, we are responsible," said Holtzman.

Bishop Dwayne Royster of Living Water United Church of Christ in North Philadelphia said the group's work is critical because it can save lives.

"So that the next doctor, lawyer, dentist, sanitation engineer that we need for our community will be able to, at the age of 40, get up, sit on the side of bed, feel the aches and pains of getting older and go do their job," he said.

Whether the group will get Delia's and other shops down the road, to help halt straw purchases is unclear. But it was clear Sunday that residents, young and old, were certainly willing to try.

Emir Greene, an eighth grader from Germantown, said he wants to put an end to the violence in his neighborhood.

"It's everywhere. You're scared to even go home at night," said Greene, who lost his father and a friend to gun violence.

"The world is bad enough as it is," he added. "Why do we need all of this violence?"

Neighborhood Partners to End Gun Violence currently has eight member institutions:

• Chestnut Hill United Church

• Germantown Mennonite Church

• Mishkan Shalom synagogue

• Mt. Airy Presbyterian Church

• First Presbyterian Church in Germantown

• Presbyterian Church of Chestnut Hill

• Lutheran Theological Seminary in Philadelphia

• Unitarian Universalist Church of the Restoration

(Philadelphia County)

What a bunch of shit ! A lot of {Good } Philly cops frequent Delia's !
    Never did Delia's sell illegal guns, never ! If anyone hears word of another protest IM me and let me know, I'll be there to help counter protest against these nit-wits !
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast