Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Assault Weapons Ban....

is back on Obama's website.
    About 3/4 down the page under Crime and Law Enforcement.
    http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda/
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

(Chester County)

Default Re: Assault Weapons Ban....

Allow police important gun trace information? Here comes a national gun registry...
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Monroe County)

and making guns in this country childproof.
    Well they tried this with medicine bottles and kids are the only ones that CAN get them open.

So let's see what is childproof? Dismantled, locked in a safe, ammo locked in a separate safe. Sounds a lot like the old DC ban doesn't it.

(Lehigh County)

Worry not fellas they say "Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners," So we have nothing to worry about.

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah, however their idea of common sense seem about on par with sticking a fork in a wall outlet to see if it still hurts as much today as it did yesterday.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Lackawanna County)

They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.
    I WISH that meant permanently expired! <frown!>

So - how strong of a fight is his administration gonna face? Will it pass easily back into law? Do we have a good chance of fending this off?

-
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Sort of an aside, but does this sound like we are just going to piss money back into the cycle that got us into this mess with sub-prime lending and shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    Fully Fund the Community Development Block Grant: In the long run, regions are only as strong as their people and neighborhoods. The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is an important program that provides housing and creates jobs primarily for low- and moderate-income people and places. Barack Obama will restore funding for the CDBG program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    Support Local Law Enforcement: Barack Obama and Joe Biden are committed to fully funding the COPS program to put 50,000 police officers on the street and help address police brutality and accountability issues in local communities. Obama and Biden also support efforts to encourage young people to enter the law enforcement profession, so that our local police departments are not understaffed because of a dearth of qualified applicants.
    Since when is it the federal governments responsibility to fund local LE? WTF?

I'm not even going to keep reading since my head is already begining to crack. It's about to just explode shortly. How the hell did this guy get elected? How did ANYONE believe the shit that fell out of his mouth. I almost wish I had been blinded by the rainbows and pixie dust. Where's that blue pill? I took the wrong damn one.

(Allegheny County)

NRA's take on it:
    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4227

A little history regarding the results of the previous ban:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_Weapons_Ban
    Toujours pręt

And all the while, Nobama can say "I did not say that..."

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.
    Cause some one else said it for him.. he can always state this is not HIS position but the person who authorized the webpage...

Ultimately, what "they" are saying is that we should be too dumb to see through this, because Ultimately, he is the one who should be authorizing any thing that goes on his pages as "HIS words"
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    And all the while, Nobama can say "I did not say that..."

Cause some one else said it for him.. he can always state this is not HIS position but the person who authorized the webpage...

Ultimately, what "they" are saying is that we should be too dumb to see through this, because Ultimately, he is the one who should be authorizing any thing that goes on his pages as "HIS words"
    The problem is he gets a free pass on what anyone else would be hammered for.

"Someone else filled that our for me. I never said that." Should only work ONCE for ONE issue, but it happens over and over for many positions and several times for some individual policies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast