Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BABY DESERT EAGLE

Hey All,

I'm trying to get some information on the baby desert eagle? I heard it was a great gun but I haven't been able to get my hands on one, or even seen any in shops. I was thinking the 9mm model but I am also interested in the 45. I live in Pittsburgh but will also be in Philly during the holidays to visit my parents. If anyone knows of any good places that I would be able to see one up close please help me.

Thanks

Default Re: BABY DESERT EAGLE

I own one in .45 ACP and love it. It is a very heavy gun for an EDC, but otherwise is fantastic, IMO. Here's a review by R.K. Campbell:

http://www.gunweek.com/2005/feature0501.html
    --RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

(Philadelphia County)

It is only "a good gun" because its related to a counterstrike gun. If you really want a .45acp just get a sig GSR or another tried and true 1911 framed pistol.

(Allegheny County)

O' but you forgot to add "this is a first class fighting handgun with genuine combat experience not enjoyed by most of the current crop of double-action pistols".

Obviously you never shot a .45 eagle...and if your going to make a point of having a real 45acp then you should refer it to the original .45acp "COLT 1911" not other counterstrikes as you mentioned yourself. It's been said the 60 year old war horse is old and outdated hense other manuf. creating there own design.

Sorry, I'm a Baby eagle fan. Hope you find what your looking for. If no luck shoot me a pm and I can send you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
    It is only "a good gun" because its related to a counterstrike gun. If you really want a .45acp just get a sig GSR or another tried and true 1911 framed pistol.
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

(Monroe County)

I have the Baby Eagle in .45 Acp , Excellent Gun, but needs about 50 rounds min. to break it in.

Its nice and heavy, feels very nice in a close fitting holster, very nice grip angle , nice finish.

Do not use a six o clock hold when you shoot it , just put the front sight on the Target and pull the trigger.

Battle proven in israel .

Nyman

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post

It is far more related to the CZ-75, which is related to the Browning Hi-Power.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    It is far more related to the CZ-75, which is related to the Browning Hi-Power.
    The CZ, Baby Eagle/Jericho and EAA Witness are all of Tangfolio lineage, and the CZ's and Baby Eagles are the best of the lot (though Witnesses can be massaged into decent guns too). It's a very solid and proven gun design, I really liked the 9mm I owned, but it can be a bit heavy for carry unless you have a really good holster (preferably with 2 points of attachment to your belt like a Versa Max or something similar).

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    The CZ, Baby Eagle/Jericho and EAA Witness are all of Tangfolio lineage, and the CZ's and Baby Eagles are the best of the lot (though Witnesses can be massaged into decent guns too). It's a very solid and proven gun design, I really liked the 9mm I owned, but it can be a bit heavy for carry unless you have a really good holster (preferably with 2 points of attachment to your belt like a Versa Max or something similar).
    The CZ75 is not of Tanfoglio lineage. Other way around. The EAA Witness IS Tanfoglio.

(Allegheny County)

ksig1869, if your going to get one to carry in .45 get the Baby Desert. If you want a .40 or 9mm they have Baby Eagles II in polymer. They come in full sizt to compact along with an picatinny rail.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand...a00ab8c6cc9d75

<a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    The CZ75 is not of Tanfoglio lineage. Other way around. The EAA Witness IS Tanfoglio.
    Yep, in haste, posted it all bassackwards. They're still essentially the same frame (with the most distinctive exception being the dustcover on the BE), built to different standards with minor design differences in the pistol overall. The CZ's are generally put together better, have better fit and finish, are often said to be more reliable and offer better support overall (EAA has been hit or miss in supporting their imports here and Magnum Research can be a pain to deal with). I prefer the unique look to the Baby Eagles, but it's hard to beat most any of the CZ pistols for value and support IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast