Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunkelbergers

(Monroe County)

Default Dunkelbergers

I have purchased 2 handguns from them in the past and had a great experience. But recently not so much.

Went in with my brother-in-law who is 19 and from NJ. I was looking at ruger 10/22s because I always wanted one and thought it would be a great project to introduce him to firearms as his mother is anti-gun.

I am browsing around and ask to see one of the ones behind the counter and I am holding it and looking at it. The whole time he is with me and I never have him hold it or ask do you want it or anything. To make it clear the purchase was for me and to be mine.

Long story short the manager comes out and acuses me of trying to make a straw purchase and asks me to leave his store and not come back. I explained to him how it was a purchase for me and he was just along for the ride with me for the day. But because he was from NJ the manager was insistant i was attempting to purchase it for him.

Needless to say they will not get any of my business again. I used to buy hunting and fishing lic there as well al supplies for fishing season.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Dunkelbergers

Quote Originally Posted by sikencide View Post
    I have purchased 2 handguns from them in the past and had a great experience. But recently not so much.

Went in with my brother-in-law who is 19 and from NJ. I was looking at ruger 10/22s because I always wanted one and thought it would be a great project to introduce him to firearms as his mother is anti-gun.

I am browsing around and ask to see one of the ones behind the counter and I am holding it and looking at it. The whole time he is with me and I never have him hold it or ask do you want it or anything. To make it clear the purchase was for me and to be mine.

Long story short the manager comes out and acuses me of trying to make a straw purchase and asks me to leave his store and not come back. I explained to him how it was a purchase for me and he was just along for the ride with me for the day. But because he was from NJ the manager was insistant i was attempting to purchase it for him.

Needless to say they will not get any of my business again. I used to buy hunting and fishing lic there as well al supplies for fishing season.
    Give them a break. The settlement with Bloomberg from NY just ended so they are a little over cautious.

(Lackawanna County)

I am told this store provides the information of customers to the NYPD.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by sikencide View Post

How did he know your brother in law was from NJ? I didn't think their forehead barcode identification program went into affect until next year.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    I am told this store provides the information of customers to the NYPD.
    Nope, the people from NY could go there and do the same audit as the BATF does but I believe that expired. There was lot's of rumors and most were BS.

If it looks fishy they err on the side of caution........so would I.

(Lackawanna County)

I have purchased stuff from Dunkelbergers (including firearms). I have never had any issues with them, but I am there often enough to be recognized as a local. I was one of their employee's teacher back in the days when I was teacher.

They are a decent store. They do not have the best prices, but they seem to have one of the better selections. In fact, I was there earlier this week, and their handgun stock is almost back to pre-craziness levels. It won't be long before they can remove the gun cases from their show cases, and they still won't look empty.

(Lackawanna County)

I found myself in a similar situation in a gun shop near me. To make a long story short, after inspecting a rifle my son wanted to buy and then telling him it was good to go, the shop owner refused the sale. you can read the whole mess here http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/1989...r-service.html

I've been to most of the better known gun shops in NEPA and I've been less than impressed. Some are better than others or have areas where they are really good, but honestly, at this point I very rarely even go into gun shops up here in NEPA anymore unless I need ammo or a firearm purchase or some gunsmithing done, everything else is bought on-line and usually cheaper, even after shipping and tax.

The one exception to that rule is Trop gun shop down near Harrisburg. I'm down that way a few times a month and Love going in there.

(Monroe County)

I bought two firearms from them and both times my wife was there (We shoot together) She held the guns and also asked questions to the guy behind the counter and nothing was said about be buying them for her. Not sure if it was because we are married or what but They were for me , Bought by me and well she uses them every time we shoot.

I will agree they are higher priced I almost died when the guy offered me .223 ammo at 23 dollars a box for 20 but then again I have seen that at other places. I have not bought a lot from them but I will say this the Customer service was great and they even ordered a gun for me and came in quick. So say what you will say about being over careful but with all the laws and rules if they mess up they lose ten of thousands of dollars for a mistake. So can not fault them to look out for the company
    Μολών λαβέ!

(Monroe County)

Was in there the other day looking at accessories (since I won't buy firearms from them) and over heard the counter guy tell a man he couldn't use his cell phone in the store because it was against ATF laws. SMH

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Was in there the other day looking at accessories (since I won't buy firearms from them) and over heard the counter guy tell a man he couldn't use his cell phone in the store because it was against ATF laws. SMH
    I've seen no cell phone signs in a couple shop sand even in some coin and gold shops.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast