Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Blair County)

Default Re: Pioneer Gun Shop (Blair County)

gotta admit, as much as I love to make fun of East Coast Guns, the last time I was there three weeks back, one of the guys was very helpful, which was a first.

I've been to that shop a few times over the past 5 years, and usually i get helped by one of the Special Forces Firefighter OPERATORS, or Tier 1 Special Forces off duty cops or Deputy Sheriffs, or whatever they are, not sure which, but, this last time was very different, and I actually had a good time.
    USAF Security Police

(Centre County)

I just visited PGS for the first time last week. Rusty was very patient and helpful even though I was not sure which handgun I preferred. It took me about an hour and I relied on his advice. Very pleased with the price and the product. While I was there probably 10 people came in and everyone was attended to. The shop has incredible variety and a museum like atmosphere. This is my seventh handgun ranging from a .40 to a scoped .44. I bought a 9mm but could not find any ammo. Finally got 150 rounds tonight and will be heading to Scotia tomorrow. Will go back to PGS for accessories and with friends and family. I had read some of these posts before going in so I was not sure what would transpire but I had an excellent experience. Stop in, be polite, be patient, enjoy the sights.

(Centre County)

My wife and I went to Altoona today to do some shopping and I only had time for one shop to stop into. Boy, did I pick the wrong one. Prices on everything were through the roof! Glocks were $80 more than most shops, a M&P Shield was $50 more, ammo was literally double the price. $29.99 for WWB 9mm 115gr per 50.

The shop was pretty cool and he had a lot of surplus items, but I couldn't get over the prices….

YMMV and all that…...
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Blair County)

I've purchased a few guns there over the years but I haven't been in the shop for several years now. A buddy who frequents the place says the owner (Bob) is more miserable than ever and the prices are terrible on guns and ammo.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456