Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: 75 years ago, the 18th Amendment was repealed. Should we do the same for marijua

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS View Post
    That's a pretty arrogant thing to say. Maybe you took a wrong turn on your way to your prayer group but blindly casting such a wide net won't yield too many "amens" around here.

Thinking before you type may help prevent retarded posts.
    well said.......

(Cambria County)

Default Re: 75 years ago, the 18th Amendment was repealed. Should we do the same for marijua

MAN MADE BOOZE!
    GOD MADE GRASS!
    WHO DO YOU TRUST?
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Game View Post
    The hardest drug I use habitually is coffee, yet I'm still all for personal freedoms, despite knowing that even if it were legal I'd probably never even try it. "It" being anything harder, that is.
    It is a drug, and some people literally can't function without it. anyone whose given it up realizes exactly how addicting it is.

As far as the other stuff, we need to stop destroying ourselves as a nation by making weed illegal... tens of thousands of people locked up for months to years for possession despite all the evidence that is is "bad" points definitively to the fact that people make money of of punishing offenders. Pharmaceuticals, Prison Unions, Politicians (like Bob Barr, that asshat), lawyers, etc. all have their hands in the pot... pun intended.

Why should I (not that I do any of the following) be able to buy 50 cases of hard alcohol and no one will say "boo" to me, but three joints lands me in the pokey for a year or two, while giving me a "felony drug conviction" on my record making it near impossible for me to get a decent job?

that's whats wrong with it.

Legalize, tax, restrict and regulate like alcohol, stop sending the money out of the country, stop funding and arming the dealers and cartels and terrorists, and open up those prison cells so we can keep VIOLENT OFFENDERS in for their full term.

use the tax revenues for better education, assistance in substance abuse prevention, and truly rehabing real criminals.

Simply legalizing marijuana doesn't mean that everyone is going to run out and guy baked, and it doesn't mean those who already do are going to do more.

And they have to do the same for prostitution, the same way, and for the exact same reasons.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    It is a drug, and some people literally can't function without it. anyone whose given it up realizes exactly how addicting it is.
    Not true. It is psychologically addicting. Not physically addicting. I smoked pot when I was younger. I misseed it when I quit. But I didn't suffer withdraw symptoms.

Now, coffee is addicting, cigarettes are addicting, snuff is addicting, sleeping pills can be addicting..... lot of legal things out there that are addicting. But they are all OK for some reason.

I smoked a lot of pot in my younger days. I never stole anything to support my habits. I never attacked anyone. I never drove fast enough to even wreck my car. I was a slug, thats for sure. I was lazy when I was stoned. But heck, half the American population is that way when they are straight.

I smoke cigars now. But try very hard not to smoke in front of the kids. And in return, I encourage them to never start smoking. OH, they know I smoke, I just don't do it in front of them.

I do drink in front of them. So does their mom. We don't get drunk. But we will drink a beer or a mixed drink in the evening in front of the kids.
    I do not tell them they shouldn't drink. But I do tell them they should wait till it is legal to do so.

Legalize it. Tax it. Package it.

Don't bogart that joint my friend. Pass it over to meeeeeee.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

And they have to do the same for prostitution, the same way, and for the exact same reasons.
    If I wanted to sell my kidney to someone, I could. If someone wanted to rent for cash my uterus for nine months thats perfectly legal, I can sell my eggs to someone that can't have children, but I can't rent for cash my whoo-ha.

Now thats discrimination!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post

Remember what the door mouse said......feed your head.......feed your head! ~~White Rabbit, Jefferson Airplane~~

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    If I wanted to sell my kidney to someone, I could. If someone wanted to rent for cash my uterus for nine months thats perfectly legal, I can sell my eggs to someone that can't have children, but I can't rent for cash my whoo-ha.

Now thats discrimination!
    Just write it off as "direct deposit" for one uterus rental!

Quote Originally Posted by jud4420 View Post
    Just write it off as "direct deposit" for one uterus rental!
    If I "gave it away", they would find the blue book value and tax it.
    Last edited by Michele; December 7th, 2008 at 03:46 AM. Reason: oops typo

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Not true. It is psychologically addicting. Not physically addicting. I smoked pot when I was younger. I misseed it when I quit. But I didn't suffer withdraw symptoms.

Now, coffee is addicting, cigarettes are addicting, snuff is addicting, sleeping pills can be addicting..... lot of legal things out there that are addicting. But they are all OK for some reason.

I smoked a lot of pot in my younger days. I never stole anything to support my habits. I never attacked anyone. I never drove fast enough to even wreck my car. I was a slug, thats for sure. I was lazy when I was stoned. But heck, half the American population is that way when they are straight.

I smoke cigars now. But try very hard not to smoke in front of the kids. And in return, I encourage them to never start smoking. OH, they know I smoke, I just don't do it in front of them.

I do drink in front of them. So does their mom. We don't get drunk. But we will drink a beer or a mixed drink in the evening in front of the kids.
    I do not tell them they shouldn't drink. But I do tell them they should wait till it is legal to do so.

Legalize it. Tax it. Package it.

i was talking about coffee, referring to the quote by The_Game
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

the people most vocal against weed and prostitution are also the people in most dire need of bong hit and a low-down by someone who knows what/how/where/when to do... which we usually find out they were doing all along anyway.
    Okay, now thats funny...no really......its funny!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast