Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: 75 years ago, the 18th Amendment was repealed. Should we do the same for marijua

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Provide a source for that claim.

My personal experience, I view the world with a pretty open mind, but when I see something wrong, I realize it. I come from a very small town, these people were all form my neighborhood that is predominantly white middle class.

Case #1- My father: Smoked pot since before I was born. Used to have a stable job, used to have a stable mind. Hasn't worked a day in the last 10 years or more. Has no desire to work. Has since been diagnosed as bipolar.

Case #2 one of my father's friends: Smoked pot since before I was born. Never had a stable job that I can recall. Moved from pot to prescription drugs in large doses. No job, leeches off of anyone who will give him the time of day.

Case #3 a childhood friend: Started smoking pot profusely during our junior year, even heavier during our senior year. Gave up all care in the world for anything but the next high. Did not graduate highschool, fell into severe depression, killed himself within 3 months.

Case #4 another childhood friend: started on pot during high school, soon after started shoplifting to try to sell/trade small items for more pot. Yes I said pot, not heroin/cocaine/meth (that all came later for a "better high"). Moved from shoplifting to stealing purses. He died within the last year, with a LARGE amount of OTC cold medicine in him for the latest high.

If you think getting the munchies is the only drawback to drugs, you are not seeing the big picture. I could go on with more examples, just from my town of around 1600 people.

I can assure you that all the people in your examples ate carrots at one time or another. In fact I would say about 100% of people that have used heroin, crank, shot innocents and died from cancer, have all eaten carrots at one time or another. ipso-facto, lets outlaw carrots 'cause then we wouldn't have druggies, murders or cancer.

Right???

Damn evil carrots...

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Cambria County)

Default Re: 75 years ago, the 18th Amendment was repealed. Should we do the same for marijua

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Provide a source for that claim.

My personal experience, I view the world with a pretty open mind, but when I see something wrong, I realize it. I come from a very small town, these people were all form my neighborhood that is predominantly white middle class.

Case #1- My father: Drank booze since before I was born. Used to have a stable job, used to have a stable mind. Hasn't worked a day in the last 10 years or more. Has no desire to work. Has since been diagnosed as bipolar.

Case #2 one of my father's friends: Drank Booze since before I was born. Never had a stable job that I can recall. Moved from beer to hard liquor. No job, leeches off of anyone who will give him the time of day.

Case #3 a childhood friend: Started drinking beer profusely during our junior year, even heavier during our senior year. Gave up all care in the world for anything but the next high. Did not graduate highschool, fell into severe depression, killed himself within 3 months.

Case #4 another childhood friend: started drinking during high school, soon after started shoplifting to try to sell/trade small items for more booze. Yes I said beer, not whiskey/wine/grain(that all came later for a "better high"). Moved from shoplifting to stealing purses. He died within the last year, with a LARGE amount of OTC cold medicine in him for the latest high.

If you think getting the munchies is the only drawback to booze, you are not seeing the big picture. I could go on with more examples, just from my town of around 1600 people.
    Sorry, still not buying it. OK to sell booze (More people killed in DWI accidents than you would care to count, Keep AA in business, Rehab centers for alcohoics), cigarettes (which are the leading cause of deaths in this country thru lung cancer, cause 2nd hand lung cancer) But weed is bad.

I was arrested twice in my life. Both times I was drunk as sh*t. Never got arrrested while I was high.
    I stole lots of stuff (mostly for fun) when I was drunk. Never stole anything when I was stoned.

I smoked a lot of weed in my day. I am not burnt out. None of my friends are. Some own their own carpentry business (Best in the area) Some are Nurses, Management personal, laborers, Preachers (yeah, you read that right). We did lots of drugs as youngsters. But we all survived.

You can be addicted to sex and it can ruin your life. So, should we ban all of us from ever having sex again because some have a problem and can't handle it?
    Last edited by Mtbkski; December 8th, 2008 at 03:00 PM.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Armstrong County)

Then count yourself lucky that you never grew up in a house with an alcoholic father.............ahhhh, memories !
    I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by pirateron View Post
    I can assure you that all the people in your examples ate carrots at one time or another. In fact I would say about 100% of people that have used heroin, crank, shot innocents and died from cancer, have all eaten carrots at one time or another. ipso-facto, lets outlaw carrots 'cause then we wouldn't have druggies, murders or cancer.

Right???

Damn evil carrots...
    Well then all root vegetables should be BANNED!!!! Its totally unfair to blame one vegetable.

Doesn't matter if pot is illegal/legal/decriminalized, its here, its staying and its being smoked.

Should only cancer patients be able to smoke pot?
    Should only those with thick blood drink red wine?

Its all so ridiculous!

Don't like pot, don't smoke it. Don't like those that smoke pot, stay away from them.

The choice is simple really.

There is much much much more wrong with the world today than the pot smokers.

Give me a break, please!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Don't like pot, don't smoke it. Don't like those that smoke pot, stay away from them.

The choice is simple really.

Stoners usually aren't a problem to me. They just act..... Stupid.

But drinkers, they can become totally different people.....

Beer Muscles suddenly explode upon their bodies. They can kick everyones *sses just for looking at them. Stoners love everyone, sometimes to much.

They are suddenly smarter. Ask a drunk, he knows it all. Stoners are dumb as rocks. But aren't worried about that. Tell them something. They will believe it.

They drive better than anyone else, even sobber people. Stoners can't drive and know it. So, they rarely drive over 15mph. They are afraid to.

They get sick and throw up in my car as I am driving them home so they don't get a DUI. Stoners love being in the back seat so they can just check it all out while going for the ride. They don't get sick. Just fall asleep.

They wake up the next day as sick as could be. They are miserable to be around. Stoners wake up fine.

Hate to say it. But drinkers have a heck of a lot more problems that you have to deal with than stoners do.

Oh, believe me Mtbkski, I know!

Lived far too many years with an alcoholic husband.

I'd take a stoner over a drinker any day of the week!

(Allegheny County)

Well then all root vegetables should be BANNED!!!! Its totally unfair to blame one vegetable.

Problem is, I know people that don't eat potatoes, so I'm sure that other root veggies are not eaten by some. But carrots, check out the baby food section, choke full of carrots and carrot based foods.

Evil carrots, I say.

Carrots are the "root" cause of all our ills.
    Ban the carrot.

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Cambria County)

Oh, believe me Mtbkski, I know!

Lived far too many years with an alcoholic husband.

I'd take a stoner over a drinker any day of the week!
    Yeah, my best friend growing up, His dad was a drunk. I watched as he punched the kids (Boys and the girls) over and over. He stuck a loaded gun in my face, cocked it, and warned me to never think about messing around with the girls. I hated that man. I ran down the road to my buddies house in the middle of the night when the jerk shot himself in front of the kids, looking for pity.

Yep, I didn't live it personally. But I have been effected by it big time. Glad you got out of it.

But.... should we make alcohol illegal since the few can't handle it. Should the rest of us be able to sit back after shooting, go to a bar, and drink up a storm if we want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    But.... should we make alcohol illegal since the few can't handle it. Should the rest of us be able to sit back after shooting, go to a bar, and drink up a storm if we want too.
    No, we shouldn't make alcohol illegal, that was an exercise in futility the first time they tried.

Quote Originally Posted by pirateron View Post
    Problem is, I know people that don't eat potatoes, so I'm sure that other root veggies are not eaten by some. But carrots, check out the baby food section, choke full of carrots and carrot based foods.

Evil carrots, I say.

Carrots are the "root" cause of all our ills.
    Ban the carrot.
    Then how would the Pink Flamingos be/stay pink?

Answer: Carrots
    Last edited by Michele; December 8th, 2008 at 10:59 PM. Reason: typo

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast