I was just reading through this thread here;

http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/407...refer-why.html

The concern has been raised to a number of issues concerning these rifles, and others like it that are not "top tier" as far as some people would consider in AR rifles.

I'm already in the process of upgrading some of the fit and finish of this rifle. (Stock, rail system, break, grip, etc) But if there are things that would increase the reliability of the weapon I would like to stop where I am and factor those things in to the global monetary cost of things planned.

I would like a well rounded performer I can depend on. The downside is, its bought and paid for - so "leave it alone and go buy a colt" doesn't do me much good. I paid $600 for this rifle, (bought ON electon day!) and I'm sure I will exceed that and then some by the time it is where I want it.

Now, lets focus on some of the prime issues that are show stoppers that I CAN fix. Their causes, and how to spot them. I am trying to gain some ground here, as many of you are advanced well beyond where I am with these rifles. I'm asking for a bit of a ketchup. Before any of these things fall into the 'too late' category.

There is maybe 300 rounds through the rifle. So its possibly still in the time frame where things can be fixed before they cause damage to other components, or the receivers, chamber etc.

Many of you are adamant about certain aspects of these lower tier rifles being piss poor, or unreliable. I'm asking for your worst, but also a little direction in how to spot if they are an issue in my rifle. This may be even more relevant to me because I have the red headed step child of AR15's. Entry level DPMS - Sportical.

My rifle;
DPMS Sportical
A2 flash hider - (Primary Weapons FSC556 on the way)
16" Lite-barrel 1x9 twist no chrome
Site rail gas block (loose as a goose - tightened)
AP4 hand guards (being replaced with yhm/larue/omega?)
Flat top - M4 ramps No forward assist, no dust cover (replace for d/c?)
Park bolt carrier group - M16 profile, but half taken down at rear section.
(More than SP1, less than M16, no cutaway for hammer catch)
Standard charging handle. (Appears to wear crazy fast on left side. Finish is just coming off like hell.) Add tactical latch?
Standard trigger (DPMS receiver rug - stock trigger is fine to me)
Standard grip (MIAD? Tango down?)
Folding BUIS - Now I paid $69 ea. But they look JUST like GG&G front gas block one. And the rear is push button take down / multi-aperture as well.
Pardus stock 6 pos (Magpul CTR coming)
Here are some pics for proper identification. When I bought them (BUIS) they were in baggies. Not that this is even a big deal, they seem to work perfect. Front post is painted white because I can't friggin see it in any low light conditions. (trijicon tritium fr/rr drop in replacements highly considered)

Problems encountered thus far:
Stripping the next round. It would eject, but not strip the next round.
-Solution:
Tighten front gas block so gas stays in the gun. Imagine that.

That's about it.

Shoots more accurately than I can at this point. I need more seat time with aperture sights. Coming from an AK I pretty much hate them. I'm used to a mid ship / muzzle end sight configuration and can't seem to get the mid / mid sight platform of the AR. From a rest I can pick the center out of targets @ 50yds like it was my job. (no feat I know) Standing forget it. They spread to 4" or worse. And with the AK I can do that moving rapid fire at the same distance.

Its comfort level at this point. I'll get my butt out there and get better.

Its obviously not a combat weapon. But if I'm going to spend money on it. Then it might as well improve in area's of reliability as much as it does anywhere else. I'm sure there are things I am completely oblivious to that could be potential problems down the road. So if you wanted a prime opportunity to throw some garbage at the lower tier AR15's. I'm asking for it.

Really. But if you are going to list concerns, try to give me the warning signs if there are any as well. I'm trying to learn as much as I can here.

Thank you guys as always.