Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Question CLEO in Montgomery County to Sign?

This looks like a great forum, lots of people taking the time to write out intelligent, thought out posts!

I have a Walther P22, that has been enjoyable to use.

However, I would like to purchase a suppressor (sensitive hearing, even with proper protection) for it.

It should not be necessary to form my own LLC, are there any CLEOs that will sign for some one with a CCW license, no tickets, a clean background, and former LEO clearance?

I contacted Dave Donley in Quakertown with some questions too, I saw his name posted in another thread.

All input welcome! I've heard any real name brand suppressor gemtech, aac, etc, is good.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: CLEO in Montgomery County to Sign?

Montgomery County is pretty big. The best way to find out if they will sign is to call your local CLEO and ask. Worst they can do is say no. Remember, it doesn't matter if Joe Blow CLEO from "anythown" Montgomery county will sign, you need your local CLEO to sign.

As for what can to get--i have a gemtech outback II on my p22 and like it a lot. I also have a TAC-65 but it is bigger / heavier on my p22 than the gemtech so i use the tac-65 on my .22 ar-15.

Also, welcome to the board.

(Chester County)

Oh, it has to be my local CLEO... hmmm.

Best way to find that out? Find local police department #, call, ask if I can arrange a time to come in and talk to the Chief about some paperwork, go in person and hope for the best.

I wanted to know if you would sign a Form 4 for Sound Suppressor for me?

Is that the correct Form? What's best to say?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_iii View Post
    Oh, it has to be my local CLEO... hmmm.

Best way to find that out? Find local police department #, call, ask if I can arrange a time to come in and talk to the Chief about some paperwork, go in person and hope for the best.

I wanted to know if you would sign a Form 4 for Sound Suppressor for me?

Is that the correct Form? What's best to say?
    Correct, it must be your local cleo. Also correct, form 4 for buying a can.

Easiest way to find out is look up what township you are in and see which PD supports your township.

I contacted my CLEO by sending him an email. I asked if he was familiar with the process and mentioned that he was not "giving me permission" but that he was stating that "He was the CLEO for my jurisdiction and that he had no information indicating that i would us the firearm or device described for other than lawful purposes and that he had no information that the possession of the item would be in violation of state law". Just as it states on the form 4.

He responded back that he was familiar and to drop off the forms. They even did my finger prints. In a few days, he called and said to come pick up the forms.

It was pretty easy but i have since switched over to an LLC. Now i don't need to bother him for signature or supply finger prints or photo's.

Also wanted to add that Dave Donley in Quakertown is a great guy to deal with. I have done a pretty decent amount of biz with him. Always top notch service.
    Last edited by Guns4Fun; December 6th, 2008 at 03:55 AM.