Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Applying for CC Permit

I'm applying for my CC Permit next week and I wanted to see if anyone knew what would disqualify one from being approved by the background check. Would something like a suspended drivers license or an unpaid parking ticket matter? Seems like a silly question but just thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Applying for CC Permit

Quote Originally Posted by HBGMarine View Post
    I'm applying for my CC Permit next week and I wanted to see if anyone knew what would disqualify one from being approved by the background check. Would something like a suspended drivers license or an unpaid parking ticket matter? Seems like a silly question but just thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance!
    Nope. Denial must be incident to the offenses and/or conditions enumerated by 18Pa.C.S.6109(e)
    Which includes any of the enumerated offenses in 18Pa.C.S.6105

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Tioga County)

Let me be the first. It's not a Concealed Carry Permit. It IS a License to Carry a Firearm. If your drivers licence is presently suspended the Sheriff may conclude that is a character issue. the unpaid parking ticket could get ya in trouble when you show up to submit the application. now if these issues were in your past sometime, it shouldn't. Then again your talking about Harrisburg That is almost as bad as Filthydelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by HBGMarine View Post

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    Let me be the first. It's not a Concealed Carry Permit. It IS a License to Carry a Firearm. If your drivers licence is presently suspended the Sheriff may conclude that is a character issue. the unpaid parking ticket could get ya in trouble when you show up to submit the application. now if these issues were in your past sometime, it shouldn't. Then again your talking about Harrisburg That is almost as bad as Filthydelphia.

License to Carry Firearms.

A suspended drivers license by itself is not equal to "An individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety."

Now if the reason your license is suspended is because you ran over your ex, on purpose... then yes, probably an issue.
    Failed to maintain insurance? Unpaid parking tkts? Doesn't fit the clause

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Dauphin County)

Sorry for the mistake in nomenclature but I appreciate the help . The offenses were all in the past but I was just curious. I'm very much looking forward to legally carrying and just want to make sure I understand the law before I do. Thanks for the help and Semper Fidelis!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    License to Carry Firearms.

A suspended drivers license by itself is not equal to "An individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety."

Now if the reason your license is suspended is because you ran over your ex, on purpose... then yes, probably an issue.
    Failed to maintain insurance? Unpaid parking tkts? Doesn't fit the clause
    Maybe not in the way we understand it to read, however in the eyes of some LEO in this state, anything & everything fits the clause, right gnbrotz & SFN?