Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Anthony Arms

(Allegheny County)

Default Anthony Arms

So, I walked from my place to Bravermans the other day. I went to look at a kel-tec p-11 for a friend. While I'm in the store waiting for someone to free up I overhear a conversation about Anthony Arms having their FFL suspended. Also, that they've had trouble before. Anyone know what happened? I've purchased handguns from them in the past year. Should I be concerned?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Anthony Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Ed in PA View Post
    So, I walked from my place to Bravermans the other day. I went to look at a kel-tec p-11 for a friend. While I'm in the store waiting for someone to free up I overhear a conversation about Anthony Arms having their FFL suspended. Also, that they've had trouble before. Anyone know what happened? I've purchased handguns from them in the past year. Should I be concerned?
    They've had they're FFL pulled for some time now. Apparently, they filed some paperwork incorrectly. If you read their website, it says they are selling again: http://www.anthonyarms.com/specials.htm

Personally, I wouldn't spend a dime of my hard earned money there. They're staff is a joke and they treat you like garbage. I was hoping they would go out of business.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by paul36 View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't spend a dime of my hard earned money there. They're staff is a joke and they treat you like garbage. I was hoping they would go out of business.
    I have to agree... The only "good" thing about them is their shooting range, and even that is overpriced, and has the stupid rule about only using their ammo.

Agreed with the above posts - I have never, ever been treated where I felt as though I was an equal. Subsequently, I never spent a dime there.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeM31 View Post
    As much as I dislike Anthony Arms too, I do have to stick up for them on one issue. They've got a fantastic selection of holsters. I sincerely dislike the way they treat customers and their attitudes, but I've never found a better selection of holsters outside of a gun show. If I'm wrong and someone knows of a shop with a better holster selection around Pittsburgh, let me know and I'll be happy to patronize them.
    id say Sportsman's warehouse is pretty big on their selection...
    good group of guys workin there too.
    just my .02

(Westmoreland County)

I drive by the store every day and never stop due to their staff. Their gunsmith is an arrogant jackass. I've only met one employee that was helpful and he was always down stairs at the range. I've spent a lot of $$$ there but have given up on them until they overhaul their workforce.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

(Allegheny County)

I spent money there mant times the older guys treat me pretty well but i do have to agree that the gunsmith is arrogant.