Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro and P94

(Montgomery County)

Talking Intro and P94

Well, since it's now official (I'm a PAFO), figured I'd do a brief intro and so on.
    My name is Seth, from Ambler, Montgomery County (and also Blakeslee, Monroe), married 8 years with two kids, and just picked up (allegedly--"No pics no gun"--I know) a very gently used Ruger P94. I had been leaning toward 9mm, but they didn't have what I was looking for so I went with what I was somewhat familiar with having previously owned a 1st Gen. Sigma in .40 I had also previously owned a Norinco AK with composite stock and forend that I REALLY regret selling. Especially with the prices they're at now.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'm having trouble finding a decent holster in LEFT for it. I know, the whole southpaw thing screws everything up. I'm looking for something with snap retention, MOB that doesn't cost a fortune. Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

S.Bass(ist)

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Intro and P94

I have a Ruger P95, of course in 9mm, and they are great guns... I bought mine used for around 325 out the door with ammo... It's built like a tank and can take any abuse you throw at it... I'm a little hard on things, at 6 feet tall and 300 pounds I'm not exactly a gentle person, so for all that I've put mine through and it still likes me, you'll be fine... lol

I have two holsters for mine, one is an IWB (inside waist band) that I picked up on ebay about 2 years ago. Has a clip that you can put on either side, and made of nylon. Can be used both IWB and OWB and the clip moves to the other side. It has a mag holder secured by velcro and a retention strap. My other holster is an Uncle Mike's Kydex Paddle Holster for competitions. No retention strap, but they do make them... Try Uncle Mike's or even google "Ruger P series" and "Holster" and you'll come up with hunderds of results... Best of luck with the Ruger, though you won't need any...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Montgomery County)

Welcome neighbor!

Great choice! I've got a 9mm KP94 DAO, love it, and have been looking for a twin for a while as well.

I've got a ambi-nylon holster like Chaz described. You're welcome to try it if you'd like. Just drop me a PM and you can check it out.

-JD-

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Welcome neighbor!

Great choice! I've got a 9mm KP94 DAO, love it, and have been looking for a twin for a while as well.

I've got a ambi-nylon holster like Chaz described. You're welcome to try it if you'd like. Just drop me a PM and you can check it out.

-JD-
    Creepy! lol My brother-in-law has the initials JD, and he is my neighbor-next door neighbor in fact. Where about in Ambler are you? I'm up the pike near Ft. Washington.

Anyway, my 94 is the safety/de-cock model, and has what I believe are Hogue wrap-arounds. I'm dying to get out and put some rounds through it. Just didn't have time yesterday when I picked it up.
    Last edited by sxHarr05; December 6th, 2008 at 03:09 AM.

(Montgomery County)

I'm actually over in Whitpain. Crazy zipcode. You can be in Ambler, Ft.Washington, Whitpain, Maple Glen, Upper Dublin ... and be in "Ambler"

(Montgomery County)

Bump for pics.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Montgomery County)

I'm a stainless freak, but the Duo-Tones look sweeeeeeet!

(Westmoreland County)

Welcome to the PAFOA and Congrats on finding a great gun! Rugers are built like a tank and as dependable as all get out! I carry a KP89 two tone stainless daily.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Allegheny County)

I'm not big on Rugers but the 2 tone is one that I would buy. Nice "R"
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

(Luzerne County)

Welcome to the forum. i have two p89s. They are built like tanks. I have the houge wrap arond grips on both of them.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast