Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: First day out with concealed carry.

my pistol gets to be a bit bulky when i carry, i have a Sig 226 so its not a small gun, its a full size pistol. but i had picked up a desantis pancake holster and that has made it much easier to walk around with it on easily concealed, then it did when i used to carry with the Fobus paddle holster that i got for free when the gun was purchased. but i have a drawer full of holsters too. a universal uncle mikes nylon, a uncle mikes nylon single retention duty holster, a safariland SSIII trip retention duty holster, and a few others. thankfully the sig i have and the sig 220 my father has, can interchange holster pretty easily. so i gave him a few.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

ANOTHER vote for the Crossbreed Super Tuck. I just ordered my second one in two months.
    Last edited by ccmama; December 10th, 2008 at 03:00 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by msquaredserver View Post
    i have two holsters at this point in my carrying career of about 4 weeks or so. both are uncle mike's hoslters, because apparently holster manufacturers dont like making products specific to my taurus pt111 pro. i have the sidekick ambidextrous hip holster when i dont mind having my gun semi-visible (its a little bulky.. i feel like i should be going into active combat with the thing haha) and an uncle mikes simple iwb holster for very concealed carry. i wear mostly polos and tshirts untucked, and it doesn't even appear that i have anything on me.
    Same weapon here and have the crossbreed supertuck and a fobus paddle. Really like them both so far. lean towards the fobus right now because you need pants that are about an inch or two larger than your waist for the iwb to be comfy. unfortunately my gut has grown a bit and my normal collection of pants are pushing maximum capacity without the iwb holster.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cool AR-15 View Post
    I carried my gun for the first time today. I was a little nervous about racking the slide and “going live”. The gun is a Walther PPK with a real safety so it seems safe. After a few hours I did not even remember I had it on. The one problem I have is concealing it since I tuck my shirt in and I don’t wear a coat. Today I just pulled out enough of my shirt to cover the IWB holster.
    I just came across this holster and it looks like it would be perfect. The belt clip tilts out to tuck in the shirt to cover everything completely. Has anyone here purchased from this company? It’s not cheap and wanted feedback. Thanks.
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...alter_ego.html
    unrelated question?
    Did you enjoy the feeling of publicly carrying your gun for the first time?

(Montgomery County)

I decided to take the Ruger for a walk on my lunch break tonight. Had to do some quick shopping at a nearby strip mall. First time in a decade, and it was like riding a bike. With a saddle that isn't all that comfortable. Absolutely need to find a "tighter" holster, as my Pro*Tech is a bit bulky for IWB. Well-built, though.

Cool AR, how have you been adjusting to the CC Lifestyle?

Quote Originally Posted by s.bass73 View Post
    Cool AR, how have you been adjusting to the CC Lifestyle?
    Seems very comfortable, most of the day I don’t even realize I have it on. I mostly only carry at work and I don’t take it with me if I am going shopping or to the movies. Maybe that will change. Going to the range is much easier now without having to put the gun in the trunk and the ammo in the glove box. I only rushed to get my license now because I am concerned that the new administration may restrict it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Welcome to the forum. You can expect to have a holster collection, until you find the one that works well for you.
    Yeah, what he said.... I have a bunch and still look for something better, I hate IWB holsters
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lancaster County)

Congrats! My first venture into concealed carry was with an Interarms PPK/S. I too started with an IWB holster. I quickly switched to pocket carry, as it was a lot more comfortable. Best wishes. You have a great gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Deegle View Post
    Congrats! My first venture into concealed carry was with an Interarms PPK/S. I too started with an IWB holster. I quickly switched to pocket carry, as it was a lot more comfortable. Best wishes. You have a great gun.
    So what holster do you use for pocket carry of your PPK?

(Lancaster County)

Desantis Nemesis. It works quite well. I have an Uncle Mikes in which I pocket carry my S&W 642. That also works well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast