Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: First day out with concealed carry.

The supertuck looks nice... can anyone with a homer simpson-sized beer gut comment on it? Most waist carry options that I've used are really uncomfortable because the slide or the grip digs into my extra large love handles

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cool AR-15 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I have a few different carry pieces so I guess I'll go through a bunch of different holsters. I have been using this Don Hume IWB holster for three days and it seems comfortable. Just one question; how do I keep my pants from falling down when I pee?

For guys, the answer to that is stand up and piss like a man, of course, if you were a man you 1) wouldn't be asking the question, and 2) wouldn't have said pee (lol). So assuming you are either 1) a woman, or 2) a girly man (like Honeybear) instead of throwing your belt completely open, just loosen it so that when you sit it creates a loop large enough to sit comfortably while using ur knees to keep outward pressure on it thus holding the waistband of ur pants at knee level where you have access to your firearm if needed (imagine how embarassing the crime scene photos would be if you got shot sitting on a public toilet) AND where your pants won't get nailed if t
    he person in the next stall overflows it. Also useful for those occassions when a man needs to drop the kids at the pool.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    For guys, the answer to that is stand up and piss like a man, of course, if you were a man you 1) wouldn't be asking the question, and 2) wouldn't have said pee (lol). So assuming you are either 1) a woman, or 2) a girly man (like Honeybear) instead of throwing your belt completely open, just loosen it so that when you sit it creates a loop large enough to sit comfortably while using ur knees to keep outward pressure on it thus holding the waistband of ur pants at knee level where you have access to your firearm if needed (imagine how embarassing the crime scene photos would be if you got shot sitting on a public toilet) AND where your pants won't get nailed if t
    he person in the next stall overflows it. Also useful for those occassions when a man needs to drop the kids at the pool.
    "Depends", (wont require dropping pants at all).

(Lancaster County)

I had a PPK and it was a comfortable carry gun. It was a bit touchy and the brand of ammo.
    I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

Quote Originally Posted by rallen View Post
    Also, make sure that the belt you have is a 1-1/2" or 2" to wear with the high noon holsters. If you wear one of those skinny lame-o dress belts, the holster will rotate because there is not enough belt for the clip to hold onto. A good belt makes all the difference no matter how your carry.
    Yes, a good belt is extremely important, your gonna wind up with lots of holsters your try. I settled on a OWB and just keep my shirt over it when I CC or tucked in to OC
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lackawanna County)

i have two holsters at this point in my carrying career of about 4 weeks or so. both are uncle mike's hoslters, because apparently holster manufacturers dont like making products specific to my taurus pt111 pro. i have the sidekick ambidextrous hip holster when i dont mind having my gun semi-visible (its a little bulky.. i feel like i should be going into active combat with the thing haha) and an uncle mikes simple iwb holster for very concealed carry. i wear mostly polos and tshirts untucked, and it doesn't even appear that i have anything on me.
    "Twice today have I been told that my outfit does not match my gun..."

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cool AR-15 View Post
    I carried my gun for the first time today. I was a little nervous about racking the slide and “going live”. The gun is a Walther PPK with a real safety so it seems safe. After a few hours I did not even remember I had it on. The one problem I have is concealing it since I tuck my shirt in and I don’t wear a coat. Today I just pulled out enough of my shirt to cover the IWB holster.
    I just came across this holster and it looks like it would be perfect. The belt clip tilts out to tuck in the shirt to cover everything completely. Has anyone here purchased from this company? It’s not cheap and wanted feedback. Thanks.
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...alter_ego.html
    Before you know it you'll be printing without a care, then exposing the bottom of your holster and not even care. And lastly you'll OC like no ones business.

Congrats and welcome to the carry community.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by msquaredserver View Post
    i have two holsters at this point in my carrying career of about 4 weeks or so. both are uncle mike's hoslters, because apparently holster manufacturers dont like making products specific to my taurus pt111 pro. i have the sidekick ambidextrous hip holster when i dont mind having my gun semi-visible (its a little bulky.. i feel like i should be going into active combat with the thing haha) and an uncle mikes simple iwb holster for very concealed carry. i wear mostly polos and tshirts untucked, and it doesn't even appear that i have anything on me.
    I feel your pain finding a holster for the pt111, I have a pt140. Check out Comp-Tac. Also keep in mind the only difference between the ptxxx and the 24/7s (as far as holster fit goes) is barrel length. If a holster will work for a 24/7, itll work for a ptxxx.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    I feel your pain finding a holster for the pt111, I have a pt140. Check out Comp-Tac. Also keep in mind the only difference between the ptxxx and the 24/7s (as far as holster fit goes) is barrel length. If a holster will work for a 24/7, itll work for a ptxxx.
    thanks for the heads up! i'm off to an idpa match now (thanks RobW!) but i will look into that when i get back.
    "Twice today have I been told that my outfit does not match my gun..."

Quote Originally Posted by msquaredserver View Post
    (its a little bulky.. i feel like i should be going into active combat with the thing haha)
    You mean like certain parts of Philly?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast