Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Replies to your own classifieds are now re-enabled! *ducks*

Zef, read the two quotes below yours here, you'll see exactly how you can tell when you posted, in my picture example it tells me I posted those photo's at exactly 6:36pm on December 17, 2008

Follow the gnbrotz directions when you think 72 hours have passed, note the current time and the time of your post (as seen in my example) and you'll know.

Otherwise take medic's advice and put the time and date right on your ad, when you look at your ad you'll have a good idea if 72 hours have passed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    I understand. But unless I check every couple minutes, or write down exactly when I posted the ad, I won't have any clue when I can post again.

Just thought I would mention that it would be much easier to determine these things, as well as others, if we could have a specific time and date shown for our post rather than the ambiguous time stamp we have now. I appreciate the suggestions and next time I need to post a classified, I will make sure I do this. But just thought it was worth a mention that it could be a whole lot easier than it is now.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Also, if you click on "Edit" and then "Go Advanced", you should be able to see the date/time stamp for that post (just under the 'Title' field, and above the large text box where you enter/modify your post).

I'm pretty sure that this is visible for everyone, not just Staff (but only on your own posts, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Yep ....

Otherwise take medic's advice and put the time and date right on your ad, when you look at your ad you'll have a good idea if 72 hours have passed or not.
    It's Kaos.

It's ok, we're both "Josh" IRL

(Snyder County)

Zef, read the two quotes below yours here, you'll see exactly how you can tell when you posted, in my picture example it tells me I posted those photo's at exactly 6:36pm on December 17, 2008
    Bill,

Thanks and I did read those. From the previous discussion, Dan could see no reason why to have a more specific time and date for the posted time. I was just pointing out this is another prime example of how things could be easier. I realize there is often more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. But often times one way is easier than another. Sure, there are ways (that I now realize) to find out when you posted a particular post. But I was just providing an instance where an exact time of posting would be useful.

Thanks again!

(Franklin County)

The current timestamp gives you enough info without 'going advanced' in edit mode. If it says "2 days ago", then 72 hours have not yet elapsed (even if it is 3 "calendar days" later). If it says "3 days ago" (or a higher number of days), than at least 72 hours have passed, and you will be clear to bump/add a new post.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345