Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Protesting anti 2A business's.

When will we learn one or two letters wont make a retail outlet of any sort agree with our 2A stance? We need a form letter signed by every member proclaiming they are going to lose the business of 25,000, has a lot more weight of concern than 2-3 letters! They are about the money. If we show them it hurts their revenue they will listen "INTENTLY"
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Protesting anti 2A business's.

Quote Originally Posted by nlcrsn View Post
    When will we learn one or two letters wont make a retail outlet of any sort agree with our 2A stance? We need a form letter signed by every member proclaiming they are going to lose the business of 25,000, has a lot more weight of concern than 2-3 letters! They are about the money. If we show them it hurts their revenue they will listen "INTENTLY"
    Let's see your first draft, then!
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

(Centre County)

I will not attach the threads where as little as 1 complaint solved a problem. You can search all my posts to find the theatre thread.

There are many many many more examples as well. I am just too lazy at the moment to do the search for you.

As to your idea about a form letter; I think it is much more powerfull if they receive "Only 1 or 2" OR hundreds of individually written email(s) and/or letters actually written from the heart.

This is not to say that there is not a place for the form letter but I as a business person would quake in my boots if I started to receive letters daily from individual possible consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheF00L View Post
    I will not attach the threads where as little as 1 complaint solved a problem. You can search all my posts to find the theatre thread.

There are many many many more examples as well. I am just too lazy at the moment to do the search for you.

As to your idea about a form letter; I think it is much more powerfull if they receive "Only 1 or 2" OR hundreds of individually written email(s) and/or letters actually written from the heart.

This is not to say that there is not a place for the form letter but I as a business person would quake in my boots if I started to receive letters daily from individual possible consumers.
    I might be inclined to agree if it were more than 1 or 2, I guess as we both suggest, it's in the total numbers, albeit different sources.
    -Remember the Constitution-

We need to recognize that most of the soccer moms/dads -- and even many gun owners -- have bought the Brady/VPC's outrageously misleading "proof" that self defense with a firearm is futile and even counterproductive (kills thousands of innocent kids, more likely to be used against you, etc.). They are comforted by the "fact" that they are in a "gun-free" zone. Until we find a way to educate the public about the value of armed responsible citizens, this will be an uphill battle.

(Lebanon County)

I might be inclined to agree if it were more than 1 or 2, I guess as we both suggest, it's in the total numbers, albeit different sources.
    In some cases it is a matter of trying to change policy, but in the vast majority it is a matter of getting the corporation to clarify AN ALREADY EXISTING pro gun policy to local managers and employees who are misinformed. In these cases especially a single letter or a few letters can and do make a big difference.

Also most businesses, like most politicians, know that for every person who writes or calls there are others who agree but simply shop/vote elsewhere without ever contacting the store/politician about it.

For reference http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkba/poclist.html

http://home.comcast.net/~2a.rights/L...CarryList.html

By my count it is still about 10 pro to 1 anti, though Kay hasn't been added to the anti list yet. This is only places where an official policy has been pursued, and doesn't count the many many places where there has been no need to seek a policy or campaign to have it changed because NOTHING HAS HAPPENED.

For reference http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...c-journal.html

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    We need to recognize that most of the soccer moms/dads -- and even many gun owners -- have bought the Brady/VPC's outrageously misleading "proof" that self defense with a firearm is futile and even counterproductive (kills thousands of innocent kids, more likely to be used against you, etc.). They are comforted by the "fact" that they are in a "gun-free" zone. Until we find a way to educate the public about the value of armed responsible citizens, this will be an uphill battle.
    I have not found this to be the case at all. Indeed I find the vast majority of people I have spoken to to be open to the idea of carry even if they favor licensing, or aren't comfortable with OC. Even more significant than those who have bought the media propaganda is the large number of people who haven't bought it, but think that everyone else did.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    Is this a new website? I thought it sounded like a great idea... but then I clicked on it and only one store was listed. As nice as it sounds to have only one company in all of PA not allowing carry, I know that's not the case. I was just wondering if it isn't a popular site or if it is new.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't notice there were two links. I only clicked on the second link. Looks like I'm no longer going to Giant anymore. That is good to see just how lopsided in favor of carry by corporate policy these stores are.
    Last edited by max384; December 23rd, 2009 at 02:15 PM.
    loose≠lose; you're=you are; 'your' shows possession.

(Lebanon County)

They have been around for a bit, several months at least, although I don't recall the exact dates. There were several threads about them and the Archive page, and the Sheriff Letters page, all of which are linked from the top and bottom of the POC list page.

ImminentDanger, and MJFletcher initiated them with the NOC list after many people requested such a page, and they asked that people send them info on businesses, links to threads, etc. I followed up their effort by volunteering to do the POC list, and am still working on it (and about a dozen other things). However there are not a lot of people sending us info. So, as usual, it falls on a few people to do the work on things that a lot of people said they wanted, and that slows it down quite a bit as life drags us all away, and other projects demand our attention, and annoying things like wives, and family interfere
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    They have been around for a bit, several months at least, although I don't recall the exact dates. There were several threads about them and the Archive page, and the Sheriff Letters page, all of which are linked from the top and bottom of the POC list page.

ImminentDanger, and MJFletcher initiated them with the NOC list after many people requested such a page, and they asked that people send them info on businesses, links to threads, etc. I followed up their effort by volunteering to do the POC list, and am still working on it (and about a dozen other things). However there are not a lot of people sending us info. So, as usual, it falls on a few people to do the work on things that a lot of people said they wanted, and that slows it down quite a bit as life drags us all away, and other projects demand our attention, and annoying things like wives, and family interfere
    Are there any stickies or links to it on PAFOA? If there isn't, you should start a thread with those two links in the OP and suggest it as a sticky... probably in the OC/CC section.
    loose≠lose; you're=you are; 'your' shows possession.