Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Need help! Glock 30(sf) vs. Glock 23

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Put a 40 round side by side with the 45 round! It's physics kid!

Yep. Size is king.

That's why I carry 17 frag grenades at all times. . . . .

Buy a gun that fits your needs, one that you can shoot well and one that is comfortable to carry.
    Buying a gun because it shoots a bigger bullet is the worst advice one could give, IMHO. . .

The Glock 30sf fits my hand better than the 23 I carried for five years. The glock 19 is the same size as the 23, that being said try the 30sf and it will open your eyes. Don't fall into the nonsense about switching the barel to 357 either because I thought about the same thing and never had the need to. 357 ammo is also expensive. The proof will be exposed when you fire the sf. Now as far as my FNP-9 goes it will eat any and all ammo you feed into it and has a far superior grip than the glock 19. I liken the feel of the grip very close to a 1911 or an HK. Open your mind. Glock is great but it is not the end all and be all. I would put my FNP against the glock 19 any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

(Blair County)

Cool Re: Need help! Glock 30(sf) vs. Glock 23

I bought a G30 when they came out in the 90's. It always pinched my pinky between the base of the grip and the mag well. I bought the G30SF when it came out and have used it for EDC daily since then. With a Pearce +0 no pinched pinky at all, I do have a small hand and the SF fits it perfectly for me. This gun is out of the box excellent on accuracy and even with Fed HST 230gr +P's is mild to shoot. I now have (3) of the G30SF's and have put over 2500 rounds thru them. Would never get rid of them.
    I can't comment on the G23, I'm not a fan of the 40 S&W, so I've never shot one to compare the 2 guns.
    Like others have said, compare the G23 and G30SF and see how they feel to you and base your purchase on that.
    Good luck and always stay safe.
    NRA, USCCA, GT, GSSF, DC, PAFOA, AGO, DH

I forgot to mention the spacing issue for me. Looking at the waffle texture on the grip of the 3rd gen glocks. The glock 23 has 2 horizontal rows where the glock 30 (and other standard size glocks) has 3 rows. My middle finger does not rest confortably due to that.

Another reason I perfer the 30sf over the 23 is the angle of the handle. I'm a fan of Glocks because of the more aggressive angle their handles are shaped (not to mention Glocks look like they coined the phrase "pistol whip"), but the SF version of the Glocks feel even better. Go hold the regular .45 glock and the SF back to back and you'll notice a huge difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123