Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Need help! Glock 30(sf) vs. Glock 23

Get the Glock 30 (my opinion).

I shot both the 23 and the 30. Not the 30 sf. I can only assume the 30 sf is even better then the norn because holding it feels great in comparison.

The 23 being super sonic there is that recoil issue where with the subsonic 30, i was able to keep my shots a lot closer together even though it's a .45.

(Pike County)

I am what some say an expert on glocks and in my opinion you need to find out which feels best to you, both in your hand and holster. There are questions you need to answer such as do you have large hands if so a SF might not feel right in your hand. I happen to like the M30 with 10 round Mag. but that is what is comfortable to me and might not work for you. if I can be of any help
    p.m. me and I will get back to you a.s.a.p.
    Gunfixer199
    Buchanan Gunsmithing 866-562-2520

(Montgomery County)

I'm thinking of getting a G30 or G30SF my self. I have never held either in my hand yet, but I do love the glock platform and am looking for a .45 so they are obvious choices. That being said, I can't comment on those but I do own a G23 and love it. Conceals great in my crossbreed supertuck. So in response to your question it could do the double duty of hd gun and ccw. But, then again I'm sure the G30 could too, but it would be slightly thicker and I can't say for sure but that could be a factor for you to consider with concealed carry.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

I have both a 23 & a 30SF. When I bought the 30SF they had a regular 30 there. I held both, but couldn't tell much difference in feel. I went with the SF because it had night sights.

The 23 & 30 are close to being the same size, but the 30 is a little chunkier. Recoil on the 23 is an upward snap, while with the 30, it's more of a push.

According to my wife's super accurate kitchen scales, the 23 weighs 1lb 14oz with a full mag (13) & the 30 weighs 2lb 1oz with a full mag (8).

Both guns are about equal as far as accuracy goes. Translation: They both shoot better than me.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Philadelphia County)

These two were the owns I was stuck with.

I went with the 23.
    Higher cap, less weight, and thinner.

Both are great, so you cannot go wrong!

The 30sf is the only choice! Even with the extra width I carry it comfortably on the daily! Can't make up your mind? Put a 40 round side by side with the 45 round! It's physics kid! The 30sf also handles so much better it's a no brainer!

For lightness I personally go with a FNP-9! 16+1 rounds, double/single action, decocker loaded with Speer Gold Dot. I chose it over the glock 19 and I have no regrets! Awsome Grip, the feel is on a whole other level compaired to the glock. Even though it has a full size grip it conceals very well! The fnp also comes with interchangable back straps. I barely notice I'm wearing it! It is a military grade weapon, accurate as hell with hardly any recoil. Just keep in mind that most confrontations occure at two to three yards and for that distance the 30sf will bring your target down! But if you want a possitive grip for a quick draw then the fnp will blow any glock away! Something to think about (speed)!

(Northampton County)

My vote is for a Glock 19 Fill it with 16 Rounds of of the Buffalo Bore 115 +p+ ammo that pushes the excellent God Dot bullet to 500 foot pounds of energy and lets you practice with mild and affordable standard 9mm ammo.

glock 30 45acp "GO BIG OR GO HOME"

(Montgomery County)

I have a snubbie to pocket carry when deep conceal is needed, so this weapon will be pulling double duty as my house gun and ccw gun when it is an option
    I have a G30 (not a SF) and like it- good accuracy, great self-defense round, conceals well, reliable, but... the grip is slightly short. I got a scherer extension (which helped) but it doesn't fit my hand like a glove. The G23 fits my hand like a glove. So my caution to you is make sure you like the way the G30SF fits your hand.

Also consider: you could get a G23 and get a second barrel to shoot .357 sig (same as a G32). Something to think about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast