Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default St. Louis City Leader Says Police Ineffective, Tells Residents to Get Armed

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,460725,00.html
    ST. LOUIS — A St. Louis city leader frustrated with the police response to rising crime called Tuesday on residents to arm themselves to protect their lives and property.

Alderman Charles Quincy Troupe said police are ineffective, outnumbered or don't care about the increase in crime in his north St. Louis ward. St. Louis has had 157 homicides in 2008, 33 more than last year at this time.

"The community has to be ready to defend itself, because it's clear the economy is going to get worse, and criminals are getting more bold," Troupe, 72, said Tuesday.

Troupe said that when he and residents approached a district police commander last year, they were told "there was nothing he could do to protect us and the community ... that he didn't have the manpower."

Police did not immediately return requests for comment. Chief Dan Isom told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch he understands Troupe's frustration but doesn't support citizens arming themselves.

Carrying guns, he said, is not a "recipe for a less violent community."
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Somerset County)

Default Re: St. Louis City Leader Says Police Ineffective, Tells Residents to Get Armed

yeah right . ain,t no violence around my place. well armed!
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: St. Louis City Leader Says Police Ineffective, Tells Residents to Get Armed

I would like to see a documented time that shows DEFINITIVELY that an increase in the public arming themselves, also shows an increase in crime. It DOESN'T EXIST. It's been said many many times... an armed public is a polite public.
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

There have been a WHOLE lot less riff-raff in my neighborhood, since I started OC'ing............

(Lackawanna County)

i am proud of Mr. Troupe, for doing what a man does, and call things as they are. he's one of the wise Americans, who understands exactly what personal responsibility is; he's a dying breed.

Chief Wiggums, uh, Isom, should be ashamed of himself. he admits his men can't protect the community, but thinks they should remain vulnerable? what police academy did he go to, the Ceasefire NJ academy? moron.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i am proud of Mr. Troupe, for doing what a man does, and call things as they are. he's one of the wise Americans, who understands exactly what personal responsibility is; he's a dying breed.

Chief Wiggums, uh, Isom, should be ashamed of himself. he admits his men can't protect the community, but thinks they should remain vulnerable? what police academy did he go to, the Ceasefire NJ academy? moron.
    So give Mr. Troupe a call and let him know. He's in the book.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

http://stlcin.missouri.org/index/contactald.cfm?Ward=1

E-mail sent:

Hello Sir,

I am not a resident of your ward nor your state, but I had to take a moment to applaud your recent statements regarding personal responsibility for the protection of one's community. I recognize that you are not calling for vigilantism, merely informing Citizens that they are ultimately responsible for their own protection and the protection of their own communities. When seconds count the police are minutes away, unfortunately when times are tough they are at times even slower in responding. It seems that you realize that gun control only hampers a law abiding Citizen's ability to protect themselves. Bravo sir! I wish you luck and success in turning the tide of violence in your ward.