Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Welp, it finally happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    He was raging roadly.
    Different people have different definitions of road rage. Tailgating to cutting off to speeding to weaving or stopping in front of you and not letting you pass to getting out of the car and coming at you. Different things might illicit a different response.
    iAnal

(Allegheny County)

Hmm… this definitely can be considered in multiple ways.

If the OP didn’t decide to police the road and block the guy presumably-illegally driving up the shoulder, would any confrontation have taken place at all??

I read this thing about “peacocking” years ago… and how sometimes we need to consider the goal. If I can totally avoid even interacting with a potential threat or making myself known to one, I do.

I’m interested to hear others’ views. Naturally, firstly, I’m glad the OP seems to be ok (for now). I imagine it could have been very different if the guy ran up to the window or something. Regardless of the thought of standing one’s ground etc…. I personally wouldn’t want to even enter into a potential lethal force situation where I had the opportunity to not engage with the threat at all, but knowing initially inserted myself anyway without good reason.

N.b. - Id consider defense of my family good reason. I would not consider a minor annoyance by another driver worthy tho… my £0.02…

(Bucks County)

I wouldn't go into anything else....just because the guy got tickets doesn't mean something doesn't come back to bite you...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    What was the road rager doing?
    Raging at the road?

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    Hmm* this definitely can be considered in multiple ways.

If the OP didn*t decide to police the road and block the guy presumably-illegally driving up the shoulder, would any confrontation have taken place at all??

I read this thing about *peacocking* years ago* and how sometimes we need to consider the goal. If I can totally avoid even interacting with a potential threat or making myself known to one, I do.

I*m interested to hear others* views. Naturally, firstly, I*m glad the OP seems to be ok (for now). I imagine it could have been very different if the guy ran up to the window or something. Regardless of the thought of standing one*s ground etc*. I personally wouldn*t want to even enter into a potential lethal force situation where I had the opportunity to not engage with the threat at all, but knowing initially inserted myself anyway without good reason.

N.b. - Id consider defense of my family good reason. I would not consider a minor annoyance by another driver worthy tho* my £0.02*
    I thought of everything you just said, in a nanosecond. To the right of me is a 8" concrete curb, to the left is oncoming traffic.
    BOTH, of us made some real quick decisions today regarding surrounding traffic and obstacles. Was it luck? IDK,
    maybe that's just the way it happened. I had no way to escape.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    I wouldn't go into anything else....just because the guy got tickets doesn't mean something doesn't come back to bite you...
    It probably will, but I'm prepared, and not dwelling on it. That would make my life more miserable than it already is.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I thought of everything you just said, in a nanosecond. To the right of me is a 8" concrete curb, to the left is oncoming traffic.
    BOTH, of us made some real quick decisions today regarding surrounding traffic and obstacles. Was it luck? IDK,
    maybe that's just the way it happened. I had no way to escape.
    Perhaps I misunderstood: I thought I read that the guy was driving up the shoulder to cheat around a line of traffic, and you split the lanes sorta thing or blocked the shoulder to stop him. My mistake.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    Perhaps I misunderstood: I thought I read that the guy was driving up the shoulder to cheat around a line of traffic, and you split the lanes sorta thing or blocked the shoulder to stop him. My mistake.
    I think you are confusing Jay Smith's story with bogey1's story (which he didn't tell yet, wisely).
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    I think you are confusing Jay Smith's story with bogey1's story (which he didn't tell yet, wisely).
    Yup. But I didn't block his progress. I just didn't make room for him to get in, which he suddenly decided that he wanted to do, immediately in front of me. He could have kept going up the shoulder, but decided that i was where he wanted to go. And he became irate when I didn't let him in.
    iAnal

(Fayette County)

Glad you are okay bogey!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast