Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Recommend a lawyer for Corp/trust/LLC

Does anyone know of a lawyer that knows the particulars when it comes to setting up an entity to own NFA items? Contact info would be appreciated.
    Machinist for hire - Get a hold of me if you need something made

(Bucks County)

Arrow Re: Recommend a lawyer for Corp/trust/LLC

Phillip G. Kline, Attorney
    519 Juniper st
    Quakertown, PA 18951
    215-538-4444

He was recommended to me by Dave Donely @Donely's Gun shop. I purchased a can from Donely's and considered doing a trust to bypass the BS. After speaking with Mr. Kline, because I live in Bucks county and the Sheriff has no problem signing the ATF forms that I would be wasting my $ my going with a trust. This site might be helpful also.

http://home.comcast.net/~dsmjd/tux/d.../lawr_list.htm

(Berks County)

Default Re: Recommend a lawyer for Corp/trust/LLC

For NFA Trusts

Prince Law Offices, P.C.
    646 Lenape Rd
    Bechtelsville, PA 19505
    610-845-3803

They give board members discounts.

(Berks County)

I know Attorney Sharpe at Prince Law offices can do the trust over the phone, mail it to you, and then you are responsible for having it notarized. Whereas, if you come in, they can notarize it for you.

(Centre County)

Here are the ones listed in the above link, that Toxic was nice enough to post.

Philip G. Kline
    Attorney at Law
    519 Juniper Street, Quakertown, PA 18951
    Phone: (215) 538-4444
    Fax: (215) 538-0140
    Areas of practice: NFA issues, NICS denials, zoning, estate admin. & planning, civil litigation, defense of misdemeanors & summary offenses.
    Bar admissions: PA (active) NJ (inactive)
    RKBA Organizational Memberships: NRA member.

David S. Markowitz (Owner of The Shooters' Bar.) Updated 6/10/08
    Attorney at Law
    120 Shasta Road
    Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    Phone: (215) 253-3374
    Cell Phone: (610) 389-1724
    Email: dave@davemarkowitz.net
    Websites: http://blogostuff.blogspot.com, http://www.building-tux.com, and http://www.davemarkowitz.net. My Facebook profile. My LinkedIn profile.
    Areas of Practice: Small business counseling. Construction law. Internet and Information Technology Law. Note: I currently practice part-time but I'm interested in matters within these legal areas.
    Bar admissions: Pennsylvania, US District Court for the Eastern District of PA, & US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
    RKBA Organizational Memberships: National Rifle Association Life Member, Gun Owners of America Life Member.

J. Michael McCormick, Attorney at Law
    314 Center Avenue, PO Box 64
    Verona, (Allegheny County) PA 15147
    Phone: (412) 828-8490
    Internet email address: jmm@jmichaelmccormick.com
    Areas of practice: Criminal Defense; Civil Litigation; Appellate Courts; Estates; Real Estate; Bankruptcy.
    Bar admissions: Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Western District Court of Pennsylvania.
    RKBA Organizational Memberships: The Pennsylvania Sportsmen's Association; GOA; NRA.

C. Scott Shields, Esquire
    SHIELDS & HOPPE, LLP
    223 N. Monroe Street
    Media, PA 19063
    Phone: 610-892-7777
    Fax: 610-892-7525
    Cell: 610-864-0699
    Email: sshields@aol.com
    Website: http://www.shieldsandhoppe.com/ and http://www.shieldsforjudge2007.com
    Areas of practice: Criminal/Civil Trial Practice along with heavy emphasis on Constitutional Law litigation (Free Speech; Religious Freedom; Firearms).
    RKBA Organizational Membership: National Rifle Association.
    Machinist for hire - Get a hold of me if you need something made

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    I know Attorney Sharpe at Prince Law offices can do the trust over the phone, mail it to you, and then you are responsible for having it notarized. Whereas, if you come in, they can notarize it for you.
    +1 for Attorney Sharpe.

He took my info over the phone and I had my trust in hand about 3 days later. I just had it notarized and I was all set. Very good communication and reasonable pricing.

(Delaware County)

What is the typical price range for this setup? And what does it get you exactly? eg what are the procedures of purchasing a Title II firearm under a trust vs the standard CLEO, fingerprints, & passport photos for a standard Form-4 purchase?

Do you still pay the $200 NFA tax ($5 for AOWs)? Can you get post May 19th 1986 Machine guns legally (A P90 would be cool to own).

I've done the Form-4 Dance before. That was some years ago. I'm planning on doing it again early next year once I can settle on the 7.62mm suppressor that I want. This will be only the 2nd time I've gone with a Title II.

(Berks County)

The prices vary depending on location and the law office. If you want the price my father's firm charges for board members, PM me. The benefits of a gun trust are: 1. No fingerprints, so it is a quicker approval because the fingerprints don't have to be sent to the FBI. 2. No pictures. 3. No CLEO sign off, so if you are in a place where your CLEO will not sign, like Montgomery Co., your only options are a corp or trust. 4. Anyone you list as a trustee can have lawful possession of the NFA items owned by the trust. Thus, in the family situation, you could list your children (who are over 18 yrs of age) and wife...etc, as trustees and then anyone of them could take the firearm to the range.

If you want a good overview of the difference between the different forms of ownership, see: http://blog.princelaw.com/2007/12/19...e-planning-101
    Last edited by SigForLife; December 26th, 2008 at 08:56 AM.

(Delaware County)

So I have the option of Sharpe who has more than one recommendation in favor or Sheilds who is geographically close.

Quality of service counts the most though. Especially if the price is close.

I've been reading the following URL that was posted:

http://blog.princelaw.com/2007/12/19...e-planning-101

Or was it mailed? Gah! I can't keep things straight with all the things going on this time of year. Excuse me, please.

In a trust, the application must be submitted in duplicate, with the two-hundred dollar ($200) tax fee, but the trust is not required to submit fingerprints or photographs.11 However, the trust must currently submit the Certification of Trust, but may, in the very near future, require the Declaration of Trust.12 More importantly, a trust does not require a CLEO signature.13 Thus, in locales where the CLEO refuses to sign, the best option is either a trust or corporation.
    Which one is it these days? A Certificate or Declaration? If a Declaration is going to be required, is that the way to go? Is this a form you file with your Class III FFL so that you don't have to do it over and over again? Do you have multiple copies? Better yet, can you just order direct as if you had a C&R and were buying a C&R listed firearm? Questions questions.

All I want to do is reduce noise pollution! :smile:

(Berks County)

I know Bob Sharpe can setup a trust over the phone and mail it to you. Then, you just have to go with any other trustees and have your signatures notarized. Because different examiners are requesting different things, Mr. Sharpe advises to submit the entire trust which would include the certification of trust and declaration of trust. The certification and declaration are merely parts of the entire trust. I am not sure I understand the rest of your questions...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast