Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2024 Primary Voter Guide - state, local, judges

Looking voter guides for PA state (house/senate/judges) and local elections, including county judges? Guides for federal elections are easy to find. Not so much for state/local races.

(York County)

Default Re: 2024 Primary Voter Guide - state, local, judges

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Berks County)

I searched [county] primary ballot and found a sample ballot for my district in my county. The GOA list only recommends candidates who have responded to their questionnaire and there are some good candidates who did not respond. Most of my options are unopposed, which makes it easy enough for me. I'll still vote for them but I don't need to remember much. I have seen Dave Sunday's name come across as one recommended to me for AG but not by GOA; neither of the R candidates for AG get their recommendation and I feel as though that may lead to people not voting for either or voting for the other guy. My state rep is not recommended either but 1) he is unopposed and 2) is a pretty solid guy for us.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I searched [county] primary ballot and found a sample ballot for my district in my county. The GOA list only recommends candidates who have responded to their questionnaire and there are some good candidates who did not respond. Most of my options are unopposed, which makes it easy enough for me. I'll still vote for them but I don't need to remember much. I have seen Dave Sunday's name come across as one recommended to me for AG but not by GOA; neither of the R candidates for AG get their recommendation and I feel as though that may lead to people not voting for either or voting for the other guy. My state rep is not recommended either but 1) he is unopposed and 2) is a pretty solid guy for us.

Yeah, I tried the GOA guide first. My PA State Rep is an NRA and GOA member but
    wasn't even on their list. It looks like she is running unopposed but is it really too
    much to ask to have her on the list?

The F.O.A.C. guide is more complete and includes both State and Federal candidates.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Berks County)

Judges only run during municipal election years (i.e. the odd numbered years)
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Levi34 View Post
    Looking voter guides for PA state (house/senate/judges) and local elections, including county judges? Guides for federal elections are easy to find. Not so much for state/local races.
    I use ActiVote just to know who all will be on my ballot. Then, I individually try to research each one.

ActiVote usually has helpful direct links to every candidate's campaign website.

Far from thorough, but at least I can see what issues are most important to each candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    For state AG, I don't know anything about Sunday, but Williams is local to SEPA and he did try to push to impeach Krasner. He voted correctly on most key democrat attempts to infringe on gun rights, though he did try to appease suburban soccer moms on universal background checks.

As for the rest of the contests, of course Trump and McCormick, and then check the box for whichever unopposed R is on the ballot.

(Bucks County)

This was one of the five texts I got today telling me to vote for Brian Fitzpatrick.

I responded to all of them appropriately.

Me: So the guy that Merrick Garland sent a federal swat team to his house on a 7am raid, to arrest for defending his son from a deranged pro-abortionist, is a closet liberal? Right.

What is the point of voting for Fitzpatrick when he votes with the democrats 90% of the time, and advocates for gun control? I'll wait..... PA-1 already belongs to them.

I would vote for Che Guevara's corpse before I'd ever vote for Brian Fitzpatrick again.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Dave Sunday is the GOA ENDORSED candidate for AG

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...32#post4891532

(Bucks County)

Agreed, fuck Brian Fitzpatrick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast