Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Thoughts on Holsters/Advice..

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    For IWB my goto is ALien Gear. You will read a lot of hate on the net about them, but I have had many & carried for years with them. No problems. They are comfy for me as well.

I started with a Crossbeed and had the kydex crack & clips break & rust. CB warranty is great, but after that I moved on. AG is much more comfy IMO
    Second vote for Aliengear. I've used a couple from them, great value for the money. (Note: I'm not up to speed on their latest offerings, their choices are way more complex I think now than when I got mine.)

Only thing about Kydex is you get some holster wear, but if that's not an issue . . .
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. -- Jeff Cooper

(Allegheny County)

You definitely gotta try what works for you.... except if it's a Safariland ALS/GLS etc. OWB on a quality belt. Then, the operator is the problem.

OP, I do actually rock a Safariland ALS 6000 series for a Springfield XD40 4", and train with it hard at least semi-weekly. I think it's the S6378 model... Level 2.

Save yourself loot. Buy the paddle kit package, and then buy the UBL and QLS adapters desperately (throw away the paddle... lol) and just spray paint the setup it whatever color(s) you want. You'll be diving on it and rolling around in rocks anyways.. (hopefully). For the ALS Safarilands, I also add the "Nub-mod" (google it) and the optional deflector shroud. They sell an optic hood too, if you need/want it.

If you also want great EDC holsters for AIWB, try the T. Rex Arms Sidecar and the Crossbreed Reckoning. I use the Sidecar for that XD40 or a Reckoning for my Hellcat daily. The Sidecar for the G19 or P320 also the same basically, molded per and are equally good.
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

For AIWB, I ordered a Teir 1 Axis Elite today for my Hellcat OSP which is really an RDP now after adding the upgrade kit and light/dot.

I’ll share feedback on it after carrying it for a few weeks. It was a bit pricier than my last custom T.Rex Sidecar, as it was $193 w/ free shipping…. But, I wanted it. lol 😜

1791 makes decent leather iwb stuff fwiw.

As mentioned, Holsters are like underwear. Everyone has em, everyone has opinions on whats best…

That said, cant go wrong with safariland ALS for owb. The thumb lever retention is nice, and very easy to work/train with. Much nicer than the blackhawk holsters with the retention button at trigger finger position

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12