Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default The flu sucks...

So my better half and I got hit with the worst flu either of us have ever seen over the weekend. Thanksgiving dinner, which was supposed to be on Thursday, got canceled because my mom and dad, sister, nephew and brother in law all had it earlier in the week. It was rescheduled for Saturday, so Jamie and I decided to go, and apparently, caught the bug. By Sunday at 4:00am, we were both throwing up and doing the anal volcano thing (Jamie got hit first). I got a flu shot this year, Jamie didn't, yet she overcame the biological attack in about 5 hours, I threw up about once per hour starting at 4:00am Monday and finally ending at about 6:30pm today (and I'm still not trusting it just yet).

Anyway, just wanted to voice my disgust. The worst part of all of this is the joint pain (and the 100.2 degree fever), it's more painful than anything I can remember, I feel like my back, hips, knees, ankles, toes, hands, wrists, fingers and shoulders have all been broken and repeatedly stomped on. My skin and muscle hurts every time I touch or lean against something (making lying down to rest near impossible without sever difficulty). Not even a healthy dose of Vicodin can touch it. And of course, without any food in mys system and all of the dehydration and pain, I can't even concentrate. It took me about 15 minutes to type out a 50 word post earlier today. I guess I'm feeling a little better now, this one didn't quite take that long. I don't normally get sick, but this year has been bad (3 flu-like illnesses, surgery, a bunch of colds etc...).

If you're at risk for the flu, and who isn't really, be warned. Try and take care of yourself, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: The flu sucks...

last year, I threw up so hard I gave myself raccoon eyes from petechial bruising.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    last year, I threw up so hard I gave myself raccoon eyes from petechial bruising.
    Thats hardcore.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Delaware County)

I've never had the flu...and I haven't had a shot in years. I actually don't get sick often. I did have bronchitis once and that was HELL! I guess I deserve it going to work in shorts when it was snowing out...
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Delaware County)

Man I feel your pain. I had a 24hr. virus last year that had me throwing up in the sink while I was squirting out the other end on the toilet. Luckily it wasn't a long strech or there would have been major cleanup.
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    So my better half and I got hit with the worst flu either of us have ever seen over the weekend. Thanksgiving dinner, which was supposed to be on Thursday, got canceled because my mom and dad, sister, nephew and brother in law all had it earlier in the week. It was rescheduled for Saturday, so Jamie and I decided to go, and apparently, caught the bug. By Sunday at 4:00am, we were both throwing up and doing the anal volcano thing (Jamie got hit first). I got a flu shot this year, Jamie didn't, yet she overcame the biological attack in about 5 hours, I threw up about once per hour starting at 4:00am Monday and finally ending at about 6:30pm today (and I'm still not trusting it just yet).

Anyway, just wanted to voice my disgust. The worst part of all of this is the joint pain (and the 100.2 degree fever), it's more painful than anything I can remember, I feel like my back, hips, knees, ankles, toes, hands, wrists, fingers and shoulders have all been broken and repeatedly stomped on. My skin and muscle hurts every time I touch or lean against something (making lying down to rest near impossible without sever difficulty). Not even a healthy dose of Vicodin can touch it. And of course, without any food in mys system and all of the dehydration and pain, I can't even concentrate. It took me about 15 minutes to type out a 50 word post earlier today. I guess I'm feeling a little better now, this one didn't quite take that long. I don't normally get sick, but this year has been bad (3 flu-like illnesses, surgery, a bunch of colds etc...).

If you're at risk for the flu, and who isn't really, be warned. Try and take care of yourself, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

DUDE!!! THE WIFEY AND I WERE SICK AS HELL OVER THE WEEKEND TOO!!! I LOST 14 POUNDS IN ONE DAY!!!! She was sick friday and saturday. I was sick sunday and monday.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    DUDE!!! THE WIFEY AND I WERE SICK AS HELL OVER THE WEEKEND TOO!!! I LOST 14 POUNDS IN ONE DAY!!!! She was sick friday and saturday. I was sick sunday and monday.
    It sucks, I'm still down at the moment (body is useless), hope you're feeling better.

(Monroe County)

I'll tell Dave to send you his cold remedy. It will chase any bug/flu right out of you. It might be to late for this flu, but you'll have it for whatever hits you next.

Remember feed a cold, starve a fever. Drink plenty of fluids and eat anything that won't upset your stomach.

Get better soon.

(Chester County)

Hope you get back on track soon. Feel better, it must be bad if a couple vikes don't help.

(Lebanon County)

Wow. I never had the flu...never had a flu shot either. My husband and I argue about it every year. The worst "sickness" I suffer is from allergies....all year round. I hope you are back to 100% soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast