Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Cash on hand

(Chester County)

Default Re: Cash on hand

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I don't carry cash or keep it stashed...

...practicing for the cashless society that's coming, eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Until you can't pay your taxes with it any more.
    Paper money is headed out the door. Everything is going electronic, I think we can agree on that.
    Maybe you've heard of the Euro? It replaced the sovereign currency for a few countries, making their currency worthless.
    The thing you say can never happen, has already happened, just not here yet. Electronic currency is just a step toward world currency.
    I'm wrong, it has happened here, in 1933 the government required people to turn in the widely used and excepted form of U.S. currency for an all new form. In one year the government said, everyone is to turn in their gold currency for paper currency or they will be jailed and fined. How could anyone think it couldn't ever happen here and now.
    If next month the feds said "the dollar will no longer be excepted as currency, turn it all in to your bank, you will all be issued the new North and South American shitola.
    Our government has been intentionally devaluing the dollar for years, that means every year, every day, the dollar is worth less compared to other world currency. It makes perfect sense that is something continues to be of less and less value, eventually no one will want it any more. That is already in progress around the world as more countries move away from the dollar standard.
    My kids will definitely see that happen.

(Bucks County)

It*ll happen if we let it happen. Even if it does, some cash equivalent will rise to take its place in a black market way.
    Janet Yellen; would you hit it?
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Delaware County)

What*s a valid reason for paper money being phased out? I*m wondering where this nonsense is coming from? Replaced with what cards? Credit cards have been around since the 50s. Cash isn*t going anywhere. There*s no valid or pertinent reason to do away with it. Stop worrying yourselves. Get a grip.
    My three favorite things in life are guns, girls and cars. Everything else is secondary.

(Delaware County)

I have two bank cards and two credit cards and I prefer cash. I like to touch my money, smell it, feel it. The worst thing are those E Books. I love to hold a book and read it, printed pages with a hard cover. Old fashioned is better. It’s real.
    My three favorite things in life are guns, girls and cars. Everything else is secondary.

(Delaware County)

I shouldn*t have posted this thread. It seems that it got people*s anxiety up. This world is crazy guys. I*m sorry if I triggered anyone*s anxiety. It*s hard not to worry when this world is on a path of destruction. Look at gas prices, ammo prices. It sucks. I remember the good old days back in 2009. Going into Walmart buying 100 round packs of Winchester White Box for $17. Getting a large pizza for $8. I miss those days and I miss the girl I was with. Things might turn around and get better. It*s important to not lose hope. It*s always darkest before the dawn.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Waffles View Post
    I shouldn*t have posted this thread. It seems that it got people*s anxiety up. This world is crazy guys. I*m sorry if I triggered anyone*s anxiety. It*s hard not to worry when this world is on a path of destruction. Look at gas prices, ammo prices. It sucks. I remember the good old days back in 2009. Going into Walmart buying 100 round packs of Winchester White Box for $17. Getting a large pizza for $8. I miss those days and I miss the girl I was with. Things might turn around and get better. It*s important to not lose hope. It*s always darkest before the dawn.
    Don't give yourself that much credit (pun), my anxiety was already up. Just start paying attention to the World Economic Forum (seriously, do your own research, WEF/agenda) and digital credit scores and social credit scores, etc. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's their actual agenda to do away with paper money and sovereign money so they can monitor and control how everyone spends money. It's going to happen eventually, just much sooner if the masses keep rejecting the fact that they are talking about it in plain sight. Don't wait until the day you walk into Walmart to buy a box of 9mm, with a card, because that's all they accept, and they tell you, "sorry you've already bought your limit this month". I give that particular example 2 more years to become reality if we can't turn the ship around now. Maybe sooner than that you won't be able to buy gas with cash any more, so they can limit your monthly usage of fossil fuels, to save the environment.
    They will never be able to get rid of incandescent bulbs, that's just crazy talk. They will never make people stop using their gas mowers, gas appliances, ask someone in CA about that one. There are so many things that a few years ago were crazy ideas, that are now reality.
    The Hostler

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I'm just curious what you think the "near" future is, with respect to your claim.
    China is the second largest economy but has the highest by far industrial output. Industrial output and foreign trade that is selling your goods to other countries brings in real profit and cash. The US isn't even among the top five of industrial output and relies on stock value rather than real assets. China will over take the US in the size of it's economy within a few years and it will send other non aligned countries like Brazil and other South American, African and Asian Pacific nations to dump their dollars for the Yuan. The day of the dollar as a reserve currency are numbered. The Renminbi or if you like Yuan will overtake the dollar unless there a complete change in the way America does business. Will we see it in five, ten or even twenty years? I can't say for certain or give a time frame but the 21st century goes to the dragon. So put your hands on some Renminbi and be prepared.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Franklin County)

For those here who stack silver. Hypothetical question. It's now said the military uses more silver than any other industry (for missiles and electronics). If we get involved in a major altercation with one or more other countries (aka WWIII), and the government TELLS you to relinquish your silver stack to them, what will you do?

I'm not sure what I would do, I think it depends on the nature of the conflict. I may or may not give it up.
    This makes me really respect the sacrifices of everyone during the first two world wars.
    The Hostler

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Will we see it in five, ten or even twenty years? I can't say for certain or give a time frame but the 21st century goes to the dragon. So put your hands on some Renminbi and be prepared.
    Right, but I was asking about your comment here:

Besides having US Federal Reserve notes on hand you're also going to need CCP Renminbi which in the near future will be the world's reserve currency.
    Specifically, what you consider the "near future" to be.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    If we get involved in a major altercation with one or more other countries (aka WWIII), and the government TELLS you to relinquish your silver stack to them, what will you do?
    Well, given that they have bigger guns than I do, it seems like the answer is fairly obvious.

Then again, I'm not worried about it, any more than I worry about space aliens showing up to give me an anal probe.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast