Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash on hand

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

Default Re: Cash on hand

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    You fools!
    I trust TPTB and the electronic banking unfrastructure to be there whenever I need it. Why would anyone need to have anything other than a credit and debit card?
    Jeesh some people!
    I’ve never had a debit card. Do I need one?

An odd thing with my bank: No matter how many $K’s I have in my account, if I want to withdraw a thousand or more, the teller needs to get the manager to insert some kind of authorization code into the ‘puter. But as long as it’s under that amount, no problem and the teller just hands it over. So, in order to save time, once a month, I withdraw $900.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Here4now View Post
    I*ve never had a debit card. Do I need one?

An odd thing with my bank: No matter how many $K*s I have in my account, if I want to withdraw a thousand or more, the teller needs to get the manager to insert some kind of authorization code into the *puter. But as long as it*s under that amount, no problem and the teller just hands it over. So, in order to save time, once a month, I withdraw $900.
    I'd do $999.99
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'd do $999.99
    I've thought of that. But then it seems like I'm being a prick. Of course I am a prick, but not everyone needs to know that.

(Chester County)

I don't carry cash or keep it stashed...

...practicing for the cashless society that's coming, eventually.

(Delaware County)

Thanks for all the comments. It*s been a busy day. I*ll get back to you all later. Had to drive 450 miles today, had enough of the road for the day.
    Stay safe. I*ll be back later.
    My three favorite things in life are guns, girls and cars. Everything else is secondary.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Here4now View Post
    I*ve never had a debit card. Do I need one?

An odd thing with my bank: No matter how many $K*s I have in my account, if I want to withdraw a thousand or more, the teller needs to get the manager to insert some kind of authorization code into the *puter. But as long as it*s under that amount, no problem and the teller just hands it over. So, in order to save time, once a month, I withdraw $900.
    I have established a pattern of hitting the ATM for somewhere between $400 and $600 a few times per month. Been doing it for years and years. Sometimes I have to make deposits back in to cover stuff like taxes and IRA deposits, but there's no charge for any of it.

When I do have to pull thousands of dollars out of the bank, PNC asks its customers what they plan to do with it. I was offended the first time. The teller explained that they're trying to prevent their customers from scams. I was still offended, but I understand they choose to have that policy.

My first answer was, "Immana spend it on hookers and blow."
    She didn't want to type that into the computer, but I said that's my final answer.

Now my answer is, "I need to buy a new M.Y.O.F.B."

The older tellers explain it to the new ones.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    So why leave it there?
    I did not endorse either, having cash on hand or having resources in financial institutions. I merely stated neither are safe, nor will either likely have any value, in the case of an economic collapse.

Though I suppose paper money may be good for starting fires or in lieu of toilet paper.

(Delaware County)

I have a question, just opinions. If I had $50k to invest in either gold or silver, which metal would you choose and why? These metals have a lot of use in so many different industries. It*s hard to predict what will happen in the future.
    My three favorite things in life are guns, girls and cars. Everything else is secondary.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I did not endorse either, having cash on hand or having resources in financial institutions. I merely stated neither are safe, nor will either likely have any value, in the case of an economic collapse.

Though I suppose paper money may be good for starting fires or in lieu of toilet paper.
    If the balloon goes up you can give me all your money, I*d be glad to take it. Never be without money. Rule #1 in this world bub.

(Delaware County)

There’s a movie called “Into the Forest.” It’s the most realistic post apocalyptic movie I’ve ever seen. The world is normal and suddenly the power goes out everywhere and it never comes back on. Things stay calm for a few weeks and then the world goes upside down. It’s scary because of how things slowly go from normal to total chaos. We are so dependent on electricity. What happens in that movie is exactly what would happen for real. Check it out.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast