Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default 9mm defensive ammo test

I found this guy's tests on the CT shooting forum. I don't know if any of you have seen it. But it was interesting for me because I will be carrying 9mm to begin with.

http://frag.110mb.com/

He only did water jugs so I guess you can take it for what it is worth. He said he's gonna try denim next.

It was interesting to see the expansion of the different 9mm rounds.
    Better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6...

Default Re: 9mm defensive ammo test

Quote Originally Posted by Dextorg View Post
    I found this guy's tests on the CT shooting forum. I don't know if any of you have seen it. But it was interesting for me because I will be carrying 9mm to begin with.

http://frag.110mb.com/

He only did water jugs so I guess you can take it for what it is worth. He said he's gonna try denim next.

It was interesting to see the expansion of the different 9mm rounds.
    Always like these tests....because the HST always wins!
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Allegheny County)

nice detailed tests there.

They seem to expand much more in water jugs than they do in ballistics gel covered with denim. I would be interested to see what his denim tests look like.

When we had the Corbon dude out a PMSC/PAFOA group shoot the two top performs where the HST and the Corbon DPX. Of note though is that the Speer GD do really really well also, and I would say those anf the SXT where the next two.

Remember barrel lenght though. The hyrashock that gets enough speed to expand out of a 4 inch will not perform the same out of a 3. Hydrashocks failed to open pretty regularly. All except the 9mm +p+ out of a 4 inch, cause that bastard was smoking hot at over 1200fps!

I shot a Speer GD +p 124 Short Barrel load out of a 3 inch XDSC9 and it outperformed 40SW Hydra's out of 4 inch barrels. Penetrated 16 inches and expanded to .48 . Those short barrel Speer loads work just like they claim.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    nice detailed tests there.

They seem to expand much more in water jugs than they do in ballistics gel covered with denim. I would be interested to see what his denim tests look like.

When we had the Corbon dude out a PMSC/PAFOA group shoot the two top performs where the HST and the Corbon DPX. Of note though is that the Speer GD do really really well also, and I would say those anf the SXT where the next two.

Remember barrel lenght though. The hyrashock that gets enough speed to expand out of a 4 inch will not perform the same out of a 3. Hydrashocks failed to open pretty regularly. All except the 9mm +p+ out of a 4 inch, cause that bastard was smoking hot at over 1200fps!

I shot a Speer GD +p 124 Short Barrel load out of a 3 inch XDSC9 and it outperformed 40SW Hydra's out of 4 inch barrels. Penetrated 16 inches and expanded to .48 . Those short barrel Speer loads work just like they claim.
    "CORBON dude". I thought I made a better impression than that!
    Mike Shovel
    Sales Manager
    COR-BON/Glaser
    www.CORBON.com

(Schuylkill County)

Whats the significance of the water jug? Why is it bad to not go through the second jug? Wouldn't a round be 'better' if it expended all its energy into the first jug?

Water jugs and ballistic gel IS NOT PEOPLE. Repeat after me: ballistic gel IS NOT PEOPLE. Its just a standard medium that provides a certain resistance at certain temps.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCORBON View Post
    "CORBON dude". I thought I made a better impression than that!
    lol

I manage a C-store, everyone is named "defining feature"-dude. i have known my bread dude for 6+ years, he is still bread dude.

Thanks again for that day, the test where a real eye opener, I still have one of those opened DPX rounds in 45 on my desk. Looks like a giant copper flower, very impressive.

Hope you can come on out and shoot with us sometime.