Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Re: best and worst of n.e.p.a gun shops...

Trip went pretty well. I learned one thing though, don't trust addresses from google. Got a good deal on a Ruger SR9c at Piestrak.

(Luzerne County)

So how did you like Piestrak's gun shop? I was in there today and sold some Cowboy guns and got a good deal. I live one mile from there and try to do all my business there because they give a good deal. Hope you enjoyed your road trip, next time you go to Piestrak's let me know and you can stop at my place for a beer.

LT Clay

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Quigar57 View Post
    Trip went pretty well. I learned one thing though, don't trust addresses from google. Got a good deal on a Ruger SR9c at Piestrak.
    Quote Originally Posted by LT Clay View Post
    So how did you like Piestrak's gun shop? I was in there today and sold some Cowboy guns and got a good deal. I live one mile from there and try to do all my business there because they give a good deal. Hope you enjoyed your road trip, next time you go to Piestrak's let me know and you can stop at my place for a beer.

LT Clay
    Piestracks will be having their annual safe sale in August. There will be some really good deals then.

Lt Clay. What cowboy guns did you sell them? I am there most weeks. I will be out of town this weekend.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

I sold them 4 Uberti 1873 44-40 pistols and 2 Uberti 1873 44-40 rifles. Two pistols with 5 1/2 barrels and two with 4 3/4 barrels. One rifle with a 30" barrel and the other one with an 18" barrel. Both rifle hade Cowboys and Indians super short stroke kits in them. They will make someone a sweet shooting Cowboy guns.

(Luzerne County)

I sold them 4 Uberti 1873 44-40 pistols and 2 Uberti 1873 44-40 rifles. Two pistols with 5 1/2 barrels and two with 4 3/4 barrels. One rifle with a 30" barrel and the other one with an 18" barrel. Both rifle hade Cowboys and Indians super short stroke kits in them. They will make someone a sweet shooting Cowboy guns.
    I will be sure to look for them next week.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I will be sure to look for them next week.
    Not if I get there first.

(Monroe County)

[B]So how did you like Piestrak's gun shop?
    I was in there a few weeks ago and I looked around while my buddy did a pistol transfer and I was impressed at the amount of stuff in that size store. Also, the guys behind the counter were very nice.

(Lehigh County)

Surprised no one has mentioned Precision Armaments in Slatington.
    When you go to Boyers they are right down the street so stop in and give them a look. So far Charlie has beat (by a large margin) any price I have gotten from American, Ed's, and Eagle which are somewhat in the area.
    His hours are a little off (check the website under contact us) as he is not open much during the week but is on weekends.
    I haven't had work done by him yet but he is always very nice and personable whenever any of us have gone in.
    http://www.precisionarmaments.com/
    I definitely recommend you check here last as he'll probably give you the best price.
    Also give a big thumbs up to Boyers, just have to keep checking in as they're selection in case is small and constantly changing. If you see something there and you left your wallet in the car it may not be there when you come back in!

I do have to say I have read a large number of great experiences with American Sport Shooting in Broadheadsville but I for one, have not had good experiences with them.
    When I was shopping for my newest AR I was with a friend and as he was looking at one I told him I was considering building one. The guy behind the counter (who very reluctantly handed my friend one of the AR's) snapped around and boldly told me, "you'll never get it accurate, nothing like one of these." There were many other instances in that visit that turned me off to the shop, along with the prices. I understand they build some damn nice AR's but attitude and being able to talk decent to customers is a huge deal in my book as well. After reading all the positive comments, maybe I just went in on a bad day, although to me, that's not an excuse when in business like this.
    Anyway, that's my $.02 for now...

(Lehigh County)

Just wanted to add my two cents. Recently I needed to get a semi auto .22 rifle for my girl as we were both attending Appleseed project weekend. I went to Army Navy on Grape street and stood there for 30 minutes basically being ignored, so I left. I went to Boyers and it just so happened that I got there late, they were busy, and I didn't really see anything I was interested in so I left there, but no hit on them it just wasn't in the cards that day. Time was starting to run short, I wanted her to have some trigger time on the gun before we went out to Manheim. So, I went to Cabellas. They had what I wanted, a Marlin 795. The price was a little high but I expected that. What I didn't expect was the poor treatment I received from the sales guy. He treated me as though I was some loser criminal trying to buy a gun. This guy was downright nasty. Based on that experience I doubt I will ever buy a gun at Cabellas again. On the flip side the guy who walked the gun out with me was a gentleman and we talked a bit about Appleseed.
    I have recently made a few purchases at Ed's. Though it is a bit of a ride for me I have to say I believe they will be the gun shop I will always go to first from now on. Great service, nice folks there, lots of goodies. I even got some education on the history of the .45 acp revolver once when I was there. Just can't say enough good things about the place.
    OK last thing, sorry a little off subject. Appleseed project. What a great time! Just shooting all day learning cool stuff great instructors super fun. Going back in Sept with my brother hoping to get that riflemans patch!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by logic250 View Post
    I have recently made a few purchases at Ed's. Though it is a bit of a ride for me I have to say I believe they will be the gun shop I will always go to first from now on. Great service, nice folks there, lots of goodies. I even got some education on the history of the .45 acp revolver once when I was there. Just can't say enough good things about the place.
    There are 2 main shops I go to, Ed's and Pietrak's. Pietrak,s has more in the way of used guns, ed's has and can get more of the new stuff. Thats not to say he doesn't get used ones and has good deals, trust me I have brought plenty of used from Ed's. But when it comes to new, I try Ed's first. His son Brett does all the ordering and was able to find me a Bushmaster ACR enhanced for a good price. And they are knowlegeble and treat customers with respect, same with Ken at Piestrack's.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast