Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Lancaster County Shooting Ruled Justified Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Well he certainly won't be doing that again...

Also - keep your doors locked.
    He survived the shooting. He might do it again, some people don't learn.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I thought if you were in a vehicle and had no one in front or back of you, you had to try and retreat before resorting to self defense?
    Sounds like there were cars behind him. He was at a red light so good chance that there was cross traffic. If so, there would be no place for him to safely drive to get away.

On top of that, if he did not realize the person was there and they opened and got in before he had a chance to react, there may have been no time to drive away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Sounds like there were cars behind him. He was at a red light so good chance that there was cross traffic. If so, there would be no place for him to safely drive to get away.

On top of that, if he did not realize the person was there and they opened and got in before he had a chance to react, there may have been no time to drive away.
    I'm shocked he wasn't found guilty.
    FJB

(Berks County)

That ain't Philthytown, DELCO, MONTCO or Bucks.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

This actually happened not far from me, and I just drove up that stretch and through that light a few minutes ago. That stretch of road does not have a shoulder. Regardless, that doesn't give a bike the right to take up the lane and intentionally block traffic. Nor does someone honking at his assholish behavior give him the right to chase the person down and attempt to enter their vehicle.

I avoid riding that stretch because of how narrow it is, past the light it gets even worse. Instead I cut through the park, and up over Blossom Hill then through a neighborhood so I can avoid the heavy traffic. Anyone that does ride up there is taking their life in their hands
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    That ain't Philthytown, DELCO, MONTCO or Bucks.
    Some background on our DA:

- She was one of the first in the state to publicly state she would not pursue ANY cases relating to any persons or business that defied the Gov Wolf’s Covid lockdown edicts.

- In Sept 2020, during the summer of George Floyd BLM love fest, a Lancaster City cop shot and killed a guy who charged him swinging a knife. The local BLM/Antifa wannabes got the City residents all worked up for a protest & riot. The first night, a cop car was torched and they had a good bit of violence, looting and vandalism. By morning, the main agitators and primary participants had been rounded up and charged aggressively. The DA requested bail of $1M each the judge obliged, and it was heavily advertised on social media. There were no incidents on the second night of planned protests.

- Park City mall, an argument leads to shots fired by a person not to possess. A bystander draws his carry piece and puts the shooter down with 3 shots. The DA quickly announced she was declining to prosecute the bystander, while the perp was charged with over 60 counts.

The “Not in our county” message is clear in Lancaster

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLund View Post
    Some background on our DA:

- She was one of the first in the state to publicly state she would not pursue ANY cases relating to any persons or business that defied the Gov Wolf*s Covid lockdown edicts.

- In Sept 2020, during the summer of George Floyd BLM love fest, a Lancaster City cop shot and killed a guy who charged him swinging a knife. The local BLM/Antifa wannabes got the City residents all worked up for a protest & riot. The first night, a cop car was torched and they had a good bit of violence, looting and vandalism. By morning, the main agitators and primary participants had been rounded up and charged aggressively. The DA requested bail of $1M each the judge obliged, and it was heavily advertised on social media. There were no incidents on the second night of planned protests.

- Park City mall, an argument leads to shots fired by a person not to possess. A bystander draws his carry piece and puts the shooter down with 3 shots. The DA quickly announced she was declining to prosecute the bystander, while the perp was charged with over 60 counts.

The *Not in our county* message is clear in Lancaster
    She also dropped or reduced those charges against the rioters. If I recall, only one or two were actually prosecuted.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    She also dropped or reduced those charges against the rioters. If I recall, only one or two were actually prosecuted.
    Yes, she overcharged and excessive bail was set, primarily to send a message for the second night. A good amount of that needed to be adjusted, because Constitution and stuff. The main agitators were ultimately prosecuted

(Jefferson County)

I thought if you were in a vehicle and had no one in front or back of you, you had to try and retreat before resorting to self defense?
    That changed over a decade ago when the Castle Doctrine was made law. Occupied vehicles are counted the same as your dwelling when it comes to duty to retreat.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

I*m going to have to look for a family compound in Lancaster County.
    A DA that charges smarmy azzhoe bicycle riders is ok in my book.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast