Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lancaster County Shooting Ruled Justified Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    This actually happened not far from me, and I just drove up that stretch and through that light a few minutes ago. That stretch of road does not have a shoulder. Regardless, that doesn't give a bike the right to take up the lane and intentionally block traffic. Nor does someone honking at his assholish behavior give him the right to chase the person down and attempt to enter their vehicle.

I avoid riding that stretch because of how narrow it is, past the light it gets even worse. Instead I cut through the park, and up over Blossom Hill then through a neighborhood so I can avoid the heavy traffic. Anyone that does ride up there is taking their life in their hands
    Memories of childhood sledding, before the south side of the hill was developed

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    That will teach them arrogant bicyclists.
    The article used the pronoun 'he,' so a male cyclist named Robin. That's explains a lot.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    The article used the pronoun 'he,' so a male cyclist named Robin. That's explains a lot.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    First off GOOD SHOOT! Second, I wonder if he is one of those douche bag pedal power vegan bikers who think they own the road. They are by far the worst type of non-motorized vehicle on the road. If they stay where they belong on the shoulder that is one thing. If they do what it sounds like this guy did and take the entire lane, well then get shot.
    This is not entirely accurate. Under certain circumstances, bicyclist are allowed to use an entire lane. And any vehicle passing them has to do so at a safe speed and give them 4 feet of distance. However watching how some of the wanna be Tour De France riders operate on the River Drives and in Manayunk, they definitely qualify for douche bags. Any their response is usually kicking your car and then riding off.

(Lancaster County)

There is no reason for a bike to take the entire lane on that stretch of road. There isn't a shoulder to ride to the right of the fog line, but riding along the side of the road, gives people enough space to pass. Taking the entire lane is a dick move. The other shoulder is an entire lane width, and if you're careful you can pass there without interfering with on coming traffic too much.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    That will teach them arrogant bicyclists.
    He was more pissed that he had to buy new spandex shorts now that old ones had a hole in them.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    That changed over a decade ago when the Castle Doctrine was made law. Occupied vehicles are counted the same as your dwelling when it comes to duty to retreat.
    Knight0334, I hope you are right about this. If I was representing a person such as the driver in this case, I would argue this point hoping to help my client and make favorable case law with it. Though, based on the current statutory language and case law, what makes you so sure about a blanket no duty to retreat rule in cars?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosinshooter762 View Post
    Knight0334, I hope you are right about this. If I was representing a person such as the driver in this case, I would argue this point hoping to help my client and make favorable case law with it. Though, based on the current statutory language and case law, what makes you so sure about a blanket no duty to retreat rule in cars?
    US LawShield

For certain reasons, the Castle Doctrine could extend beyond even your dwelling or residence. For example, the presumption we spoke about also applies to an occupied vehicle. If someone is in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering your occupied vehicle, if they already have unlawfully and forcefully entered, or they're unlawfully and forcefully removing you from an occupied vehicle, you'll get a presumption in those situations. Notice that the law says "occupied vehicle." This law is meant to protect lives, not property.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    US LawShield

For certain reasons, the Castle Doctrine could extend beyond even your dwelling or residence. For example, the presumption we spoke about also applies to an occupied vehicle. If someone is in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering your occupied vehicle, if they already have unlawfully and forcefully entered, or they're unlawfully and forcefully removing you from an occupied vehicle, you'll get a presumption in those situations. Notice that the law says "occupied vehicle." This law is meant to protect lives, not property.
    I can see why they might want to stop there but I am under the impression that preventing a felony also justifies an ass capping and I believe that car theft is a felony.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I can see why they might want to stop there but I am under the impression that preventing a felony also justifies an ass capping and I believe that car theft is a felony.
    Maybe in Texas, but not in PA.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast