Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Change in Police Departments crime reporting (UCR)

I recently read somewhere (of course I can't remember where) that the DOJ has relaxed how police departments report crime. Apparently they are no longer required to report their statistics to the Federal Government.

I thought that sounded very unlikely and did some searching. It appears to be true, according the below article dated 07/13/2023.

When you see the claim by this administration that crime is down, this is why and how they are doing it. Look at the chart partway down the page to see which large departments are and are not reporting their crime numbers. Yet another reason to not trust anything the G says.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...data-gap-nibrs

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Change in Police Departments crime reporting (UCR)

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    I recently read somewhere (of course I can't remember where) that the DOJ has relaxed how police departments report crime. Apparently they are no longer required to report their statistics to the Federal Government.

I thought that sounded very unlikely and did some searching. It appears to be true, according the below article dated 07/13/2023.

When you see the claim by this administration that crime is down, this is why and how they are doing it. Look at the chart partway down the page to see which large departments are and are not reporting their crime numbers. Yet another reason to not trust anything the G says.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...data-gap-nibrs
    Not reporting and counting is their way of saying we brought crime down just like they help reduce gas prices. Stupid people will believe it and hit the D button in Nov

(Lancaster County)

^^^exactly^^^

Here's a new article by John Lott outlining arrest rates that are plummeting that's related to the above article. It's apparent that this is all engineered.

https://crimeresearch.org/2024/04/th...-report-crime/

(Bucks County)

Well, when you don't charge or prosecute criminals....
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Let me guess, only whitey gets reported?
    FJB

(Luzerne County)

Don't know about any changes as we still report our UCR's every month.

I think the issue if some chiefs try to cook the books by changing the crime used in reporting UCR's to something less severe. Makes it look like crime is down. I've heard a former female chief in a Luzerne County department was guilty of doing this very thing. Made the city look "safer".

(Bucks County)

[QUOTELet me guess, only whitey gets reported?][/QUOTE]

One year, I think sometime in the 70s or 80s, reporting instructions directed that no races be noted in the UCR submitted. The following year a request came to add the race info re the previous year in a separate communication. Because of the first directive, the information had not been tracked, and the only way to accommodate was to look into every case file. As I recall, the request went ignored.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Don't know about any changes as we still report our UCR's every month.

I think the issue if some chiefs try to cook the books by changing the crime used in reporting UCR's to something less severe. Makes it look like crime is down. I've heard a former female chief in a Luzerne County department was guilty of doing this very thing. Made the city look "safer".
    Do you think that university and college PDs report properly? I am guessing not...

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    [QUOTELet me guess, only whitey gets reported?]
    One year, I think sometime in the 70s or 80s, reporting instructions directed that no races be noted in the UCR submitted. The following year a request came to add the race info re the previous year in a separate communication. Because of the first directive, the information had not been tracked, and the only way to accommodate was to look into every case file. As I recall, the request went ignored.[/QUOTE]

Just wait till the grays take over. Hopefully they'll put an end to all this BS.
    FJB

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Do you think that university and college PDs report properly? I am guessing not...

My son was attacked while in college and beaten by a group of 4-5 males that caused a short ICU trip. We weren't sure if he had brain damage for a few days.

Because it happened literally feet from the school property, it was not reported as a crime to be disclosed by the school. So parents and students are considering which college to attend and don't really get the full picture. I have a female relative that was raped in her second week as a freshman and that was not reported because "there was no suspect".

The police department that I retired from was very anal about absolutely correct UCR reporting but when money enters the picture things can change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast