Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: 1st US Army Unit to receive new long guns...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Ya know, maybe if they would teach things like marksmanship and how to man up to handle a rifle, they wouldnt need to spend billions in tax money they dont have on a *next gen* weapon
    Gotta keep their lobbyist busy along with all the military industrial machines. Only good thing here is see is cans on the end of all these weapons, something for us to point at with our ass wipes in DC. I guess the ear plug thingy didn*t work so well.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    Don't fret over the price, Lord knows the government won't be. Now sit back down and pay your "fair share".

I definitely want a rifle that shoot that round, I am hoping a less expensive AR10 based rifle will be available and the bullets will get below $5 a shot. LOL
    there are a couple ar10s available in this caliber but some cant use the full power rounds cause of the increased pressure. moriarti armaments claims they have tested the high pressure 277 fury and the standard 277 ammo in theirs. not sure how reliable their stuff is.
    https://moriartiarmaments.com/ar-10-...e-ma308-277-16

Hmm.... Heavier gun, heavier ammunition, less capacity, more recoil. Sounds like a winner.

(Bucks County)

I guess Level 3+ plates are outdated now......

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Gotta keep their lobbyist busy along with all the military industrial machines. Only good thing here is see is cans on the end of all these weapons, something for us to point at with our ass wipes in DC. I guess the ear plug thingy didn*t work so well.
    You are thinking rationally. You need to not do that when dealing with elected officials.

In this case, THEY will be pointing out that suppressors are "weapons of war", and have no place in the hands of civilians.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Tioga County)

It's happening and no going back. The Russians and Chicoms are fielding body armor in their front line troops and 5.56 doesn't cut the mustard with that.

M4 is going to remain in service for decades and troops that need a rifle but are not front line will have those for personal defense.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You are thinking rationally. You need to not do that when dealing with elected officials.

In this case, THEY will be pointing out that suppressors are "weapons of war", and have no place in the hands of civilians.
    unless you are in other countries where suppressors are considered a common curtesy when shooting. i am very jealous of other countries that can buy them without the year long wait and extra 200.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    there are a couple ar10s available in this caliber but some cant use the full power rounds cause of the increased pressure. moriarti armaments claims they have tested the high pressure 277 fury and the standard 277 ammo in theirs. not sure how reliable their stuff is.
    https://moriartiarmaments.com/ar-10-...e-ma308-277-16

Thanks, I found those as well when searching. I think it will be a few years before getting a rifle to handle the full power rounds as well as REASONABLY priced full power rounds to civilians.
    Like many other things it will be a wait and see, in the mean time we can start saving for the expense I guess.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12