Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: There’s a first time for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Waffles View Post
    I was pulled over for the first time yesterday. I*ve been driving nearly every day since I was 16 and it finally was my turn. Supposedly, I was going 35mph in a 25mph, I don*t believe I was, however I didn*t bother to debate it with the officer. I wasn*t given an authoritative tone and I didn*t sense any vitriolic vibrations emanating from this guy. Anyway, I was open carrying one of my 1911s on my strong side, right side. I doubt he saw it and I didn*t bother to mention it. We had a brief conversation about my car, he complimented my 2018 Dodge Charger, which is ironically a common police car these days. The interaction lasted about 4 minutes and as he walked away he said, have a nice day and drive safe. I honestly don*t think I was going 10mph over the limit. These were small suburban blocks in this town, I wouldn*t have felt the need to or had any reason to cover a short distance just to come to another stop sign. Even though this was an abuse of power stop, he wasn*t rude so I just should forget about it. It*s kind of annoying getting pulled over for the first time in my life and a bit offensive and it did irk me when I saw those lights but it is what it is. I used to be a member here years ago, I couldn*t remember my username so, I made a new one. I*m not a noob I promise.
    So just a warning, or a ticket?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    My dash cam mirror records front & back views, has a GPS system that registers speed, and records that, too. So if I ever get a bad ticket, I have a record of my second-by-second speed.

Of course, I move at a brisk pace, so if I get ticketed the odds are against me.

Except for that 1 speed trap in northeast PA. A 35 MPH zone, unmarked until you get to the first sign, where the Statie has been radaring you for half a mile. That's on a 4-lane divided highway. The lack of signage, & placement of the flunkie, is intentional. I was doing 55 (says so on the ticket), had no clue despite due diligence that this 4 lane highway was a 35 MPH zone. No Earthly reason for it except to entrap non-local travelers.
    Can I get the details on your dash cam set up please?
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(York County)

My dash cam mirror records front & back views, has a GPS system that registers speed, and records that, too. So if I ever get a bad ticket, I have a record of my second-by-second speed.

Of course, I move at a brisk pace, so if I get ticketed the odds are against me.

Except for that 1 speed trap in northeast PA. A 35 MPH zone, unmarked until you get to the first sign, where the Statie has been radaring you for half a mile. That's on a 4-lane divided highway. The lack of signage, & placement of the flunkie, is intentional. I was doing 55 (says so on the ticket), had no clue despite due diligence that this 4 lane highway was a 35 MPH zone. No Earthly reason for it except to entrap non-local travelers.
    You should get a lawyer over that....

😎

(Philadelphia County)

I was pulled over for the first time yesterday. I*ve been driving nearly every day since I was 16 and it finally was my turn. Supposedly, I was going 35mph in a 25mph, I don*t believe I was, however I didn*t bother to debate it with the officer. I wasn*t given an authoritative tone and I didn*t sense any vitriolic vibrations emanating from this guy. Anyway, I was open carrying one of my 1911s on my strong side, right side. I doubt he saw it and I didn*t bother to mention it. We had a brief conversation about my car, he complimented my 2018 Dodge Charger, which is ironically a common police car these days. The interaction lasted about 4 minutes and as he walked away he said, have a nice day and drive safe. I honestly don*t think I was going 10mph over the limit. These were small suburban blocks in this town, I wouldn*t have felt the need to or had any reason to cover a short distance just to come to another stop sign. Even though this was an abuse of power stop, he wasn*t rude so I just should forget about it. It*s kind of annoying getting pulled over for the first time in my life and a bit offensive and it did irk me when I saw those lights but it is what it is. I used to be a member here years ago, I couldn*t remember my username so, I made a new one. I*m not a noob I promise.
    Dude, you are driving a Dodge Charge, of course you were going over 25mph. Who drives under 25mph.

An abuse of power stop, LOL. You should file a complaint to the highest court of the land.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Looking at your avatar and 'feeling' your personality in your typing, I sensed you were a reincarnation of a young guy from like a year to a year and a half ago. Maybe Barney Fife just wanted to get a look at your car. No ticket?
    Maybe the PoPo was a Mopar fan and wanted to exchange digits.

(Washington County)

Can you provide some insight on your decision to open carry vs. concealed? Thanks.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Maybe the PoPo was a Mopar fan and wanted to exchange digits.
    Or he was making sure it wasn't stolen.....since there is that problem in the area.

Where do I begin, hold my beer.
    FJB

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    While we're on the subject, the only speeding ticket I've ever been issued was in Delaware, where I used to live until 1995. My wife and I had just left Lewes Beach and were headed North on Rt. 1, when I said to my wife, "I wonder if the state police are still using those Mustang 5.0 liter interceptors?" Sure enough, not 5 minutes later I see a white Mustang in my rearview with flashing red and blue lights in the grill on my tail. Other than speaking it into existence, the stop was not very memorable.

Notice the PSP emblem on the red one.
    Was this taken at a car show? I don*t remember PSP ever using Mustangs.

(Philadelphia County)

Would your system be admissible in court? Is it calibrated? I always hear of people challenging the calibration of law enforcement speed timing devices, wouldn*t that apply to a defense like the one you would be using ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast