Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: There’s a first time for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Been pulled over about five times in 49 years of driving and two of them were warnings.

I can't imaging anyone never getting stopped, let alone once in their life.
    The chances of getting stopped now are probably slimmer than before. With lack of manpower, staffing, priorities, etc.

(Allegheny County)

I bought two separate cams - one front and one rear.

I didn't want to mount the rear cam directly to the glass because I need to open either the glass, or the entire back hatch many times during each day and it would also require having excess power cordage hanging there to allow for the open/closing. I had to find a better way.
    My solution was to take a piece of Plexiglass and bend it to create a "mount" that the dash cam suction cup would stick to. I then tucked the Plexiglass mount under the edge of the rear weatherstripping, and it hold it in place.
    This may not work for others, but thought I'd share, as an example of "alternate methods" for mounting rear cams.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Was this taken at a car show? I don*t remember PSP ever using Mustangs.
    It's just an image I pulled off of the interwebz and happened to have the PSP emblem in it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Not when it would just verify that he was speeding and when.
    I see what you did there.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I drive 20 on residential neighborhood streets that are marked 25. I feel 25 is too fast to be able to stop if a dog or a child pops out from between a car parked on the street.

You must be the guy in front of me while I am driving to work in the morning. LOL

LOLOLOL!!!

Haha! That's funny!
    I bought a dash cam after being pulled over and ticketed for failing to stop at a stop sign. It was bullshit and he was just pissed because HE had to stop because he didn't see me coming (I had the right of way).
    After watching the MPH display on the dash cam, I came to the conclusion that verifying SPEED is a NO GO if you are in the process of speeding up or slowing down - like you do when driving where there are lots of stop signs. It takes the GPS a few seconds to recalibrate your speed. I've been at a dead stop for several seconds and the dash cam still displays 3MPH. Pulling out, it then takes several seconds for it to "catch up" and accurately display your current speed.

I have the MPH recording disabled on the recorded portion. No point showing the court that I was going 3MPH at a stop sign when that is not the case. (or that I was going 75 in a 55 )
    At least it can be VISUALLY verified that a stop occurred by watching the video.

I agree. Showing whether you came to a stop or not as compared to documenting your actual speed, especially slow speed, are two different things. But showing a consistent speed on the highway, would be a little easier to prove, but the MPH wouldn*t be certified or calibrated.

Yeah, I had a good run. I was pulled over on the PA turnpike when I was 17 after the trooper in an unmarked car came flying up on my ass in the passing lane and I accelerated from 60 to 75 in order to get around some cars, to move over, and "let this asshole riding my ass get by me". I moved over and so did he - then he lit me up. Dick move.

I went another 35 years before that asshole ticketed me for failing to stop a year or two ago. (thankfully they dismissed it in court)

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I bought two separate cams - one front and one rear.

I didn't want to mount the rear cam directly to the glass because I need to open either the glass, or the entire back hatch many times during each day and it would also require having excess power cordage hanging there to allow for the open/closing. I had to find a better way.
    My solution was to take a piece of Plexiglass and bend it to create a "mount" that the dash cam suction cup would stick to. I then tucked the Plexiglass mount under the edge of the rear weatherstripping, and it hold it in place.
    This may not work for others, but thought I'd share, as an example of "alternate methods" for mounting rear cams.
    What is your opinion of the Rove Cameras? I am looking again and besides Rove, Thinkware Units have been popular in my search.

(Chester County)

What is your opinion of the Rove Cameras? I am looking again and besides Rove, Thinkware Units have been popular in my search.
    I have the R2-4K model, as recommended by guys on here... works great.

(Bucks County)

True that. The urban guys carjack Chargers left and right to go commit more crimes.
    It's calming down a little..they have moved on to the higher end European stuff

(Berks County)

I have a Rove. It's easy to use, works like it should but I don't think it's clear enough to read a license plate. Unless I'm doing something wrong.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I have a Rove. It's easy to use, works like it should but I don't think it's clear enough to read a license plate. Unless I'm doing something wrong.
    I have a Rove R2-4K that I got about 3 years ago. On the highest resolution, you can read plates, but it's best to stop it where you can best see the frame, to a screen shot, then zoom in to get the plate. I got the plate of a guy that illegally passed me at about 70mph. The only thing with it now is the GPS function no longer works. Everything else is fine, it doesn't get a GPS Lock.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast